Mexican Papadzules Recipe
A papadzules recipe is the perfect Mexican recipe for those times when you want authentic Mexican food. A papadzules recipe is a great way to treat the family with some traditional Mexican food that they will love. Most households serve Mexican recipes like this one for dinner because they are cheap and affordable to make. You can fill their bellies without draining your wallets. Make the best ever recipe for papadzules and learn the secrets to real south of the border cooking.
Friends and family will be begging you for your recipe for papadzules. This is a traditional egg and tortilla dish that is inexpensive to make. Your kids will be begging you to make this recipe after they taste the first bite. Make this recipe for your Mexican breakfast buffet or brunch. Serve it as a dinner recipe or a breakfast recipe. No matter how you love to eat it, try making this one for something new.
Eating out gets so expensive but, when you can make a authentic Mexican tamale recipe at home, you don’t have to spend as much. Eating home allows you to save money and time. You don’t have to worry about gas, traffic and other people upsetting you at the restaurant. Just make this yourself in the comfort of your own kitchen and enjoy all the flavor this traditional Mexican food has to offer.
You can make this papadzules recipe for any occasion but it’s especially good for breakfast with the family. There are so many times when you wish you could have something different and unique for breakfast and here you have it – a wonderful recipe for papadzules that is a Yucatan tradition. Make this for anyone you love and find out why it’s as popular as it is. Everyone is going to be asking you to make this dish every time they come over.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8 sliced hard-boiled eggs
- 2 inches cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 onions (1 peeled and chopped, the other halved)
- 6 chopped tomatoes
- 2 roasted, seeded, peeled serrano chilies
- 3 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 7 peeled garlic cloves
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lard or oil
- 2 sprigs epazote
- Grind most of the pumpkin seeds into a paste, adding water to the mixture.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil and add the onion halves, half the garlic, the jalapeno, and a sprig of epazote.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then strain the broth and discard the herbs and vegetables.
- Fry the tomatoes, remaining garlic, chopped onion, oregano, roasted serrano chilies and salt in the lard or oil until sauce gets reddish pink.
- Warm the tortillas and dip them into the sauce with tongs.
- Arrange them on a warmed plate and put some of the egg slices down the middle of each.
- Add the cucumber too.
- Roll them up and arrange seam side down in the dish.
- Repeat with three stuffed tortillas on each plate.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the top then pour the tomato salsa over the middle of the tortillas.
- Finish off with some pumpkin seeds on top and garnish with sliced egg.
At first glance people will be very curious about this dish, since it does not resemble any other Mexican meal, but anyone familiar with papadzules will recognize this exciting dish at once. Based on corn tortillas, vegetables and eggs, the pumpkin seeds and Mexican herbs and spices give this the typical look and flavor. The wonderful sauce poured over the rolled up tortillas looks really good and this is a great dish to make if you want to impress a group of people, or treat yourself to some authentic Mexican cooking. The flavors are amazing here. The cucumber is actually optional (but adds color and crunch!)
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded and edited: 03-30-16
One Response to Papadzules Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117444 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45797 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23458 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17718 Views)