Spicy Mexican Salmon
Mexican salmon is not only extremely delicious, but it also has a very unique flavor. For one thing the taste of the salmon alone is something most people do not experience every day. Then add to that the taste of cilantro, which is a staple in Mexican cuisine, and things start looking even better. Rub in some chili, lemon, cumin, and olive oil with a few other essential ingredients, and it does not get much better than that. Cook it all in a tin foil envelope and when you open it up the juices will have all combined and steamed together and your salmon will simply be the work of an artist.
Salmon is a delightful and elegant dish no matter how you make it. You can smoke it, serve it raw, bake it, fry it on a pan, however you want to cook it salmon will still be delicious because it is such a high quality fish. One of the most delicious ways to make salmon is to bake it in a Mexican style, with such traditional Mexican ingredients as chili, cilantro, and cumin. The Mexican flavors compliment the salty taste of the fish nicely and create a dish that you and your family will love.
The recipe below provides you with an easy and simple technique for making some flavorful and tender baked salmon. The cilantro provides one of the main flavors for this dish, but if you do not care for the taste and smell of cilantro you can leave it out. Feel free to modify the recipe according to your preferences, but following it exactly will give the best results in most cases. This recipe will make enough for four to six people. Get a larger salmon or double the recipe if you plan to feed more people, and simply cut your salmon in half if you want to cook less.
- 2 lbs salmon fillet
- ½ cup finely minced cilantro
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 5 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 finely minced jalapeno or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato
- Pour the olive oil into a small bowl.
- You will be making a sort of paste or rub for the salmon, and all your spice will be mixed into here.
- Add the lemon juice, ½ the cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili, salt, and pepper into the oil and stir vigorously.
- Mix it up very well until everything is combined and then leave it for 5 minutes while the flavors combine.
- While you spices are sitting, get out a sheet of aluminum foil. You will be using this to bake the salmon.
- Turn on the oven and heat it to 400 degrees F.
- After your five minutes are up rub the oil and spices mixture on to the salmon.
- Be careful not to be too rough, but ensure that everything gets right in there.
- Apply all of your oil paste and rub it in thoroughly.
- When it is completely rubbed in, place your salmon onto the aluminum foil.
- Slice your tomato into very thin slices and cover the top of the salmon with them.
- On top of this sprinkle the rest of the cilantro.
- Fold and seal the tin foil around the salmon, and place the package onto a baking tray to cook.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the salmon is no longer glossy in the center, and then serve.
Mexican Style spicy salmon can be eaten with some nice Mexican rice on the side, with tortillas, or with potatoes, however you want to enjoy them. With the right company and the right side dishes this simple yet delicious salmon dish can be turned into a memorable feast. For an even better flavor in your salmon, leave the raw salmon with the rub to marinate for an hour or two before baking. Expect the taste to be out of this world. If you like the taste of Mexican food and you enjoy salmon, and then the combination of these will blow you away.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45795 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23455 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)