How to Make Steak Fajitas
If you want to know how to make steak fajitas, look no further than this inspiring Mexican food recipe. Fajitas can be made with chicken, shrimp, or pork, but steak is wonderfully meaty and tastes great in this recipe. Steak is also healthy and rich in iron.
The different colors of bell pepper add a variety of slightly differing flavors as well as colors. Flank steak is a lean, tasty, boneless cut of meat, which comes from a well-exercised part of the animal. It is very tender. You might like to serve guacamole, tomato salsa, and sour cream on the side when you serve these steak fajitas.
A recipe for steak fajitas makes a really flavorful dinner and, once you see how simple they are to make and cook, you will want to make these again and again. You do not have to use three colors of bell pepper but it does give the fajitas a lively splash of color. Fajitas are normally served with the tortillas and filling separately, so people can build their own, adding whichever condiments they like, before closing the tortilla.
These are very simple to prepare. You just have to cook the marinated steak, cook the bell peppers and onion, and then assemble the fajitas the way you wish to have them. Typical Mexican flavors in this dish include lime juice, garlic and cumin. Fajitas are one of the most popular Tex-Mex dishes and you can also find them in some Mexican restaurants, even though they aren’t Mexican but Tex-Mex.
Serve these so people can assemble their own or make them up, as you prefer. Offer sour cream, salsa and guacamole on the side, and perhaps some hot sauce too in case anyone wants to spice their fajitas up further. These are so good and well worth making, because all the family will love them. Perhaps next time try shrimp or chicken for your fajitas, but do not miss out on the steak kind, because many people claim these to be the tastiest.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ lb lean flank steak
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 4 flour tortillas
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup each green, red, and yellow bell pepper strips
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream, to serve
- Trim any excess fat from the steak, and then slice it across the grain diagonally into thin strips.
- Put the steak strips in a Ziploc bag with the black pepper, red pepper, cumin, chili, and salt and shake well to coat.
- Warm the tortillas, according to the directions on the pack.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a big skillet over a medium high heat, and then add the steak, onion, and bell peppers.
- Sauté for 5 minutes or until the steak is done.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Serve the tortillas and steak mixture separately, so people can construct their own fajitas.
- Serve the salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream on the side.
Steak fajitas combine beautiful Tex-Mex flavors to make a satisfying and hearty meal. The photo shows the components of the dish being offered separately, and yes this is the traditional way to serve fajitas, allowing each person to assemble their own. Ensure the meat and vegetables are hot, the tortillas are warm, and the sauces are cool, for the best results. Flank steak is a naturally flavorful cut of meat which is perfect for making fajitas. Use a nice lean piece of flank steak for the best results and do not skimp on any of the marinade ingredients if you want the fullest flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Cinco de Mayo Gourmet Mexican Salad Platter May 5, 2015
- We’re Having a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta May 5, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Doce May 4, 2015
- Black Bean and Avocado Salsa with 2 Kinds of Corn May 4, 2015
- Vegetarian Nachos with Homemade Chips May 3, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Once May 3, 2015
- Skirt Steak with Tequila and Lime May 2, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Diez May 2, 2015
- Authentic Chiapas Pork Empanadas May 1, 2015
- Albondigas in Sauce – Mexican Meatballs May 1, 2015
- Home (117627 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (115954 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (62254 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45040 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33783 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29776 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23515 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22786 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18234 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (16190 Views)