Quick and Spicy Pork Fajitas
If you are looking for a fajitas recipe, this pork fajitas recipe is bound to be a hit. The pork is mixed with spices to make it extra flavorsome then onions and bell peppers are added to this recipe for fajitas to give it a great Mexican flavor. Learning how to make fajitas is simple, since you usually heat the filling ingredients and stuff them into a corn or flour wrap.
With this fajitas recipe the meat and vegetables are placed in the wrap with some salsa and then people can help themselves to guacamole and sour cream if they want to. You can use either mild or hot salsa in this recipe. If you are making fajitas, nachos make a good appetizer.
Fajitas recipes like these pork fajitas are often very quick to make, unless you are marinating the meat, because the ingredients are stir-fried and this is by default a fast cooking process. Vegetarian fajitas can be prepared in about ten minutes because that is how quick the vegetables fry. Small chunks of meat, chicken, or fish also cook fast so if you want to make something delicious and quick, pork fajitas are a good idea.
The pork tenderloin is flavored with chili, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder, then sautéed with vegetables until everything is perfectly cooked. Salsa is spread over the tortillas before you add the pork and vegetables, and then you can roll them up and serve them with salsa and/or sour cream, as you prefer. Guacamole is also really good with these. Pork tenderloin is not an expensive cut of meat, and it takes to the spicy seasonings really well, making a really good filling for your fajitas. If you are in the mood for pork but you want something highly flavored and exciting, you cannot go wrong with this recipe because the flavors are incredible and it is also a very easy dish to put together.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 4 warm flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- Sour cream and guacamole to serve
- Toss the pork pieces in a bowl with the chili, cumin, oregano and garlic powder.
- In a nonstick skillet over a medium high heat, stir fry the pork, green bell pepper and onion until everything is tender.
- Spread salsa on each tortilla, fill them with pork, onion and green pepper and roll them up.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole so people can help themselves.
Pork tenderloin and vegetable fajitas make a delightful dinner, and tantalize every one of your senses. As soon as the pork and vegetables begin to sizzle in the pan, you will be able to smell the aroma of these fajitas beginning to take shape. The meat and veggies are seasoned with chili, cumin, oregano, and garlic, so you can imagine how delicious these will be. You can see the pork in the photo, and that is of course the key ingredient in this Tex-Mex dish. Serve these just as they are or with your favorite Mexican side dishes. Salad, Mexican rice or corn on the corn would be a worthy accompaniment to these.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (118900 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (116730 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (62717 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45419 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34223 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30091 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23829 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23166 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18603 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (16922 Views)