Quick and Spicy Pork Fajitas
If you are looking for a fajitas recipe, this pork fajitas recipe is bound to be a hit. The pork is mixed with spices to make it extra flavorsome then onions and bell peppers are added to this recipe for fajitas to give it a great Mexican flavor. Learning how to make fajitas is simple, since you usually heat the filling ingredients and stuff them into a corn or flour wrap.
With this fajitas recipe the meat and vegetables are placed in the wrap with some salsa and then people can help themselves to guacamole and sour cream if they want to. You can use either mild or hot salsa in this recipe. If you are making fajitas, nachos make a good appetizer.
Fajitas recipes like these pork fajitas are often very quick to make, unless you are marinating the meat, because the ingredients are stir-fried and this is by default a fast cooking process. Vegetarian fajitas can be prepared in about ten minutes because that is how quick the vegetables fry. Small chunks of meat, chicken, or fish also cook fast so if you want to make something delicious and quick, pork fajitas are a good idea.
The pork tenderloin is flavored with chili, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder, then sautéed with vegetables until everything is perfectly cooked. Salsa is spread over the tortillas before you add the pork and vegetables, and then you can roll them up and serve them with salsa and/or sour cream, as you prefer. Guacamole is also really good with these. Pork tenderloin is not an expensive cut of meat, and it takes to the spicy seasonings really well, making a really good filling for your fajitas. If you are in the mood for pork but you want something highly flavored and exciting, you cannot go wrong with this recipe because the flavors are incredible and it is also a very easy dish to put together.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 4 warm flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- Sour cream and guacamole to serve
- Toss the pork pieces in a bowl with the chili, cumin, oregano and garlic powder.
- In a nonstick skillet over a medium high heat, stir fry the pork, green bell pepper and onion until everything is tender.
- Spread salsa on each tortilla, fill them with pork, onion and green pepper and roll them up.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole so people can help themselves.
Pork tenderloin and vegetable fajitas make a delightful dinner, and tantalize every one of your senses. As soon as the pork and vegetables begin to sizzle in the pan, you will be able to smell the aroma of these fajitas beginning to take shape. The meat and veggies are seasoned with chili, cumin, oregano, and garlic, so you can imagine how delicious these will be. You can see the pork in the photo, and that is of course the key ingredient in this Tex-Mex dish. Serve these just as they are or with your favorite Mexican side dishes. Salad, Mexican rice or corn on the corn would be a worthy accompaniment to these.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Tres April 25, 2015
- Superfood Quesadillas with Pumpkin and Kale April 25, 2015
- Pork Pasilla Tamales April 24, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Dos April 24, 2015
- Una Cerveza con Limon April 23, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Uno April 23, 2015
- Crunchy Mayan Pork Tostada Cup Appetizers April 22, 2015
- 5 Secret Copycat Mexican Recipes April 22, 2015
- 4 Unusual Mexican Food Ideas April 21, 2015
- Summer Mexican Pizza with Fresh Toppings April 21, 2015
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (114931 Views)
- Home (114318 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (61631 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44688 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33367 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29396 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23164 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22376 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17810 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15646 Views)