Succulent Shrimp Fajitas Recipe with Peppers
Shrimp is popular in Mexican food recipes and these wonderful shrimp fajitas are a great way to enjoy them. The traditional Mexican ingredients of onion and peppers give texture and flavor and a variety of spices liven up this shrimp fajitas recipe.
Although fajitas are technically a Tex Mex dish rather than a traditional Mexican food, the ingredients in these fajitas give them a great Mexican flavor. They are filling enough to be served alone but sour cream and salsa on the side are recommended additions.
Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. Depending on their size, they might only take a couple of minutes to cook. When they are pink, they are done. This is a really popular Mexican recipe if you are having a dinner party because it is really unusual and everyone is sure to love the contrasting flavors, which fit so nicely together.
The shrimp are the main flavor in this dish, so you will not want to overwhelm their delicate taste by using too many spices. Instead, simply add garlic, lime, cumin and a little chili powder, to bring out their unique flavor and give a south of the border taste to this dish. The shrimp, onions and bell peppers need to be cooked, and then you can assemble the fajitas, adding sour cream and salsa too.
These are delicious served hot and you will find the whole family loves these shrimp fajitas and considers them a real treat. The juicy seafood, fresh tender-crisp veggies and sauces go beautifully together, and all this goodness is wrapped up in soft tortillas for the ultimate fajita presentation.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red or green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 onions, sliced
- Salsa and sour cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the shrimp, half the lime juice, half the oil, half the salt, half the pepper and all the chili powder and cumin, stirring well to coat the shrimp.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a skillet over a medium high heat and cook the onions for about 5 minutes, until they are translucent.
- Add the rest of the salt and pepper and the bell peppers.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and transfer the mixture to an ovenproof bowl.
- Put it in the oven to keep warm.
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat and add the shrimp.
- Sauté them for about 4 minutes or until they are just cooked.
- Stir in the rest of the cilantro and lime juice.
- Wrap the tortillas around the vegetables and shrimp and serve with salsa and sour cream.
These succulent shrimp fajitas make a delicious meal. A worthy change from beef or chicken, the shrimp is flavored with lime, cumin and chili, and these fajitas also feature bell pepper and onion. You can see the shrimp and bell peppers picture here, and you will also be able to imagine how to wrap these up in a tortilla, adding sour cream, salsa and any other ingredients you want to include. This is an easy-to-make, family-friendly recipe which will fill everyone’s belly and leave everyone at the table with a smile on their face.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79292 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (69895 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44419 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40612 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29309 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20653 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17759 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14905 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13237 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12753 Views)