Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas
Ok so it is not a fajitas in the truest sense of the word but hey guys some of us gals like chicken more than beef. Good thing I am not in Texas or they would be sending a lynching party after me about now but from the safe haven of my home I can tell the guys out there that many of us ladies actual prefer chicken to beef and I feel that in 2016 I can come out and safely say it. I mean in today’s day and age we should feel safe saying we like something other than the special cow.
Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with beef it is a wonderful meat and many recipes would not be the same without it. On the same hand chicken is a delightfully light and versatile meat that by the way is the most popular meat in the world and second isn’t cow by the way guys. Now I am sure right now some Texas legislator is writing a bill to present before the Texas legislature banishing my site form all Texas schools but you know something someone had to do it and I think I am just the woman.
I have dared to cross the line in this whole Tex-Mex expansion and even challenge the supremacy of the beloved Texas beef industry. Right now there are ranchers gathering to collect hit money to silence my ramblings and wild ideas of ways to turn the whole Mexican Tex-Mex debate on its ears. I might even have some family members from the beloved Lone Star State disavowing any relationship to me also. I am sorry if this all seems a bit farfetched but you would not believe some of the comments on these issues I have gotten over the many years of bringing Mexican inspired food to an ever growing audience.
All kidding aside (you did realize I am being sarcastic, right) one more example of good food done right and call it what you want. Yes it has a title on the post they all have to just one of the rules to the site CMS it has to have a post name and if I was going to give it a name which I have this is the closest thing it resembles so there you have it a fun and playful recipe that is a great for a light late night dinner or lunch. As with any of my recipes feel free to modify as your taste dictate because at the end of the cooking process it is your meal eat what you like.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into ¼ inch strips
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian paprika, hot
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 yellow or any color bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can whole kernel corn, rinsed
- Lettuce leaves your favorite
- ⅛ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of one lime
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a Ziploc bag combine all the ingredients for the chicken marinade.
- Cut chicken breast into ¼ inch strips with a sharp knife.
- Place the cut up chicken breast strips in the bag seal and toss a few times until chicken is fully coated. Place in refrigerator and allow marinating for about half an hour.
- Heat a skillet to a medium high heat and add a bit of olive oils remove the chicken from the marinade and sear on all side then lower temperature and simmer until chicken is completely cooked through, discard marinade.
- When cooked place in a bowl for assembly.
- Place all your prepared vegetables in individual bowls and make sure the corn is rinsed and drained well.
- Place one of the tortillas on a plate and then place a lettuce leave in the middle, top this with a generous amount of the chicken breast sprinkle with corn, peppers, onion, tomatoes and cilantro and give a squeeze of the fresh lime and add fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Then fold up the two sides and serve and repeat for reaming tortillas.
Ok just so the Tex-Mex police know I know yes technically fajitas are suppose to be steak, but I like chicken so this recipe features chicken now if it makes you feel better will call it a chrisajitas instead now that we have gotten over the name let’s get over the next thing I didn’t cook the veggies. So tell me how they are suppose to be cooked well I wanted to keep them full of nutrients so I left them raw. Ok that is two fajitas’ rules I broke in one recipe but if you can get over that you may just find out you like them and it will be our little secret I will not show any incriminating pictures of you smiling while eating this.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119453 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63254 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45793 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34657 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24138 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23455 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18982 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17715 Views)