The Easiest Chicken Fajitas Recipes
There are a lot of different chicken fajitas recipes online, varying from simple to complicated. If you want to know how to make chicken fajitas the easy way, read on because this chicken fajitas recipe includes all the ingredients you would expect in an authentic recipe for Mexican chicken fajitas.
The filling for these fajitas is prepared in a skillet while the tortilla wraps warm in the oven, making it an easy recipe, which takes fifteen minutes or so in total to make. If you want to feed a hungry family, this is a great chicken fajitas recipe to try out! Onion and bell pepper are added for crunch and color and sour cream, salsa and hot sauce make a great dressing for this delicious chicken fajitas recipe.
The cheddar cheese is nice with these but you could serve a Mexican blend instead if you prefer. Fajitas are technically a Tex Mex dish rather than a traditional Mexican recipe but it does not make much difference and these chicken fajitas are too good not to mention just because of a technicality! You will love the texture and flavor of this wonderful chicken fajitas recipe.
The ingredients list is pretty straightforward and you probably already have most of the ingredients in the cupboard or refrigerator. The first thing you need to do when making this dish is warm up the tortillas and you can pop those in a warm oven and forget about them until you are ready to serve the meal. Then sauté the chicken and veggies, and then you can divide this flavorful mixture between the warmed tortillas, adding sour cream, cheese and hot sauce if you wish. Serve these hot, perhaps with some Mexican rice or another favorite side dish. This is an economical dish which you can prepare with ease, even using leftover chicken strips if you have them. Just add the cooked chicken to the skillet at the last minute, to warm it through.
- 3 skinned, boned chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 onion
- 1 green or red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- Envelope of fajita seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 small pot sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Salsa to serve
- Remove the tortillas from the pack and wrap them in tinfoil.
- Wrap them tightly and don’t add water.
- Place in a 350 degree F oven to warm for 15 minutes.
- Heat some cooking oil in a skillet and cook the chicken for about 7 minutes until it is half done. Add the bell peppers and onions and cook until tender.
- Place the chicken mixture into the center of each tortilla, add sour cream, sliced cheese and a dash of hot sauce, roll up and serve with salsa on the side.
Simple chicken fajitas make a lovely meal, and this recipe shows you how to combine the chicken with veggies. Add an envelope of fajita seasoning, for the sake of convenience, and your fajita filling will be ready to divide between the warmed tortillas. Cheese and sour cream are added next, and also some hot sauce if you wish, or any other toppings like guacamole for example. The photo shows the color added to the dish by bell peppers, and you can see some optional chopped cilantro there too, which also adds a complementary flavor to the fajitas.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- 8 Deliciously Different Mexican Foods You Must Try April 16, 2015
- Unusual Vanilla Profiteroles with Raspberries April 16, 2015
- Succulent Shrimp Tacos with Mango April 15, 2015
- 6 Kinds of Tacos You’ll Go Loco For April 15, 2015
- 8 Simple Step Breakfast Burrito April 14, 2015
- Breakfast Burrito with Bacon and Potato April 14, 2015
- The 5 Winning Components of Any Mexican Meal April 13, 2015
- Taco Truck Style Beef Tacos April 13, 2015
- 5-Minute 5-Step Guacamole April 12, 2015
- 5 Step Mexican Guacamole Making April 12, 2015
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (114881 Views)
- Home (114198 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (61592 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44664 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33338 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23126 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22352 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17787 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15612 Views)