Vegetarian Fajitas with Squash and Mushrooms
Have you been searching for a new dinner recipe that is sure to heat up the dinner table tonight? Try my amazing veggie fajitas. This very easy recipe is full of delicious vegetables and unbelievable flavor. These vegetable fajitas are quick to make and very filling too. The best part is these are not quite as heavy on the stomach. They are filling but without giving you that overly full feeling beef ones or even chicken ones can give. Vegetables sautéed in garlic with the cilantro gives a delicious flavor. You have never had vegetables this flavorful.
These wonderful vegetable fajitas are simply wonderful for the vegans in the family. Simply substitute vegan cheese which should be available at any store. It will not take away from the wonderful flavor of these vegetable fajitas. You can serve these by themselves or with Spanish rice (also called Mexican rice). What a wonderful easy dinner for the family. The next time you or your family is craving Mexican food try these easy vegetable fajitas. Be sure to make plenty, you will be amazed at how great they taste.
So why are fajitas so popular? Well one reason is how well-balanced they are. Soft, tasty wraps surround your filling and of course all the tastiest seasonings are in there too, to offer a great south of the border flavor. Fajitas are actually Tex-Mex but they are too tasty not to include here, so unless you are limiting yourself to strictly authentic Mexican dishes only, try serving up some Tex-Mex to your hungry family at dinner time.
The bell pepper and onion you will see in this recipe are found in the non-vegetarian versions of fajitas, but when you consider we also use squash and mushrooms, you will see how we are adding a ‘meatiness’ to the dish while keeping it 100% vegetarian. The garlic, cilantro, cumin, and salsa are also typical ingredients in fajitas, and this dish is sure to impress anyone you serve it to, whether you are cooking for vegetarians, for a mixed group, or even for carnivores who fancy a change. These highly flavorful vegetable fajitas make a wonderful meal served alone or with your favorite sides.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 seeded green bell pepper in strips
- 1 seeded red bell pepper in strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 halved, sliced yellow squash
- 4 oz mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- 8 flour tortillas, 8 inches across
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Add the onions, bell peppers , mushrooms, and garlic and stir to coat with oil.
- Cover, turn the heat down to medium, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the squash into the vegetables.
- Stir in salsa, cumin and salt.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Warm tortillas for 15 seconds in the microwave or until pliable.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly down the centers of the warm tortillas.
- Sprinkle each one with cheese and cilantro then roll up and serve right away.
- Garnish with lime wedges if liked.
Perfect for vegetarians or even meat-eaters looking for a change, or a way to increase their fiber and nutrient intake, these vegetarian fajitas offer a wealth of flavor and appeal. They are quicker to make than their meat counterparts too, because instead of having to cook meat until tender, you just need to sauté the vegetables until tender and add the seasonings. Finish up by adding cheese and cilantro, rolling them up neatly, and then you can add some lime wedges for a colorful garnish if you want. Alternatively the cheese can be sprinkled over the top after rolling them up, as you prefer.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45795 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23456 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)