Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
Jalapenos are great when they are stuffed with delicious ingredients and cooked. You can either stuff these chili peppers with something simple like cheese or something slightly more complex like a Spanish rice recipe or a combination of fruit and nuts perhaps. The jalapenos can be grilled or baked, or if you want something crunchy and delicious they can also be battered and deep fried. Cheese stuffed jalapenos make a great appetizer or side dish.
There are, of course, various stuffed jalapenos recipes to choose from, but the following recipe for cheese stuffed jalapenos is very simple. If you do not want to deep fry them, you could cook them under the broiler or on the grill and leave off the batter, but deep frying them does give them an incredible texture and the combination of creamy melted cheese, spicy chili pepper and a crisp batter coating is amazing.
You can use fresh jalapenos or pickled jalapenos for this recipe but do try to get as many of the seeds out as you can, before stuffing them, else they might be a bit too piquant for some people. You can also try using mozzarella or another kind of cheese. The cheddar has quite a strong, sharp flavor, which is particularly good with the lively chili taste. Serve these cheddar cheese stuffed jalapenos with some tomato salsa (the mild variety perhaps, for some contrast!) for dipping.
How to Make Deep Fried Stuffed Jalapenos
Summary: coming soon
- 24 jalapenos
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups corn oil, for frying
- 2 beaten eggs
- Cut a slit in each jalapeno and take out as many of the seeds as you can.
- Slice the cheese into 1 inch by ¼ inch strips.
- Stuff each jalapeno with a strip of cheese.
- Combine the cornmeal, salt, and flour in a bowl.
- Dip the jalapenos one at a time into the beaten eggs, then into the cornmeal mixture until they are well coated.
- Arrange them on a metal rack and let them sit for half an hour.
- Heat the corn oil to 375 degrees F in a deep fryer.
- Lower the stuffed jalapenos into the hot oil, using a slotted spoon, and fry them until crispy and golden brown.
- This will take about 4 minutes. Drain them on paper towels and serve hot.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Serve these cheese stuffed jalapenos at a buffet and watch them disappear at light speed! Jalapenos have many uses – they can liven up stews and casseroles, top pizzas and also be stuffed with cheese and fried to make this flavorful Mexican recipe. Cheese stuffed jalapenos are great at parties or even as a side dish if you are serving Mexican food and you want to serve something colorful on the side. You might need to warn people that these little bites could be spicy but, for most people, jalapenos are relatively mild, at least compared to some other kinds of Mexican hot chili peppers!
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (70589 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (58705 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (39196 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (37191 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27224 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18482 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14968 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14022 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11727 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10855 Views)