Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
Jalapenos are great when they are stuffed with delicious ingredients and cooked. You can either stuff these chili peppers with something simple like cheese or something slightly more complex like a Spanish rice recipe or a combination of fruit and nuts perhaps. The jalapenos can be grilled or baked, or if you want something crunchy and delicious they can also be battered and deep fried. Cheese stuffed jalapenos make a great appetizer or side dish.
There are, of course, various stuffed jalapenos recipes to choose from, but the following recipe for cheese stuffed jalapenos is very simple. If you do not want to deep fry them, you could cook them under the broiler or on the grill and leave off the batter, but deep frying them does give them an incredible texture and the combination of creamy melted cheese, spicy chili pepper and a crisp batter coating is amazing.
You can use fresh jalapenos or pickled jalapenos for this recipe but do try to get as many of the seeds out as you can, before stuffing them, else they might be a bit too piquant for some people. You can also try using mozzarella or another kind of cheese. The cheddar has quite a strong, sharp flavor, which is particularly good with the lively chili taste. Serve these cheddar cheese stuffed jalapenos with some tomato salsa (the mild variety perhaps, for some contrast!) for dipping.
There are very few ingredients required to make this recipe. You probably already have some of them. As well as the jalapeños you will need cheese, flour, eggs, and some yellow cornmeal. The cheese is stuffed into the chilies and then you can make the batter using the eggs and cornmeal. When you are ready to make these, you can fry them to lovely, crispy perfection.
One of the reasons these are so good is the contrast between the creamy cheese and the spicy jalapeño. Nobody ever gets tired of this fantastic recipe and whenever you make these they are sure to vanish in record time, every last morsel.
- 24 jalapenos
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups corn oil, for frying
- 2 beaten eggs
- Cut a slit in each jalapeno and take out as many of the seeds as you can.
- Slice the cheese into 1 inch by ¼ inch strips.
- Stuff each jalapeno with a strip of cheese.
- Combine the cornmeal, salt, and flour in a bowl.
- Dip the jalapenos one at a time into the beaten eggs, then into the cornmeal mixture until they are well coated.
- Arrange them on a metal rack and let them sit for half an hour.
- Heat the corn oil to 375 degrees F in a deep fryer.
- Lower the stuffed jalapenos into the hot oil, using a slotted spoon, and fry them until crispy and golden brown.
- This will take about 4 minutes. Drain them on paper towels and serve hot.
Serve these cheese stuffed jalapenos at a buffet and watch them disappear at light speed! Jalapenos have many uses – they can liven up stews and casseroles, top pizzas and also be stuffed with cheese and fried to make this flavorful Mexican recipe. Cheese stuffed jalapenos are great at parties or even as a side dish if you are serving Mexican food and you want to serve something colorful on the side. You might need to warn people that these little bites could be spicy but, for most people, jalapenos are relatively mild, at least compared to some other kinds of Mexican hot chili peppers!
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Wonderful Chicken and Chorizo Breakfast Burritos Recipe April 1, 2015
- We are Gearing Up for Cinco de Mayo April 1, 2015
- Mexican Dessert Sopapilla Recipe January 24, 2015
- Some Authentic Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Some Traditional Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Types of Salsa January 24, 2015
- Fried Cinnamon Mexican Dessert with Lime Sauce January 23, 2015
- Sweet Meets Savory Corn Dessert Muffins January 22, 2015
- 6-Ingredient Breakfast Burritos January 21, 2015
- Baked Mixed Bean Quesadillas January 19, 2015
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (114807 Views)
- Home (113864 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (61536 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44620 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33280 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29311 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23091 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22315 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17753 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15567 Views)