Mexican Baked Artichokes with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This delicious dish is perfect for vegetarians and it also makes a great side dish for fish, poultry, or meat. Perhaps you have tasted baked artichoke halves or twice baked baby artichokes before, in which case you will already know how flavorful this dish can be. Artichokes are very healthy and work great as the basis of a Mexican recipe, because they go so well with cheese, tomatoes, lime juice, and other key Mexican ingredients.
This recipe is very easy to follow and you simply need to combine the main ingredients, top the dish with breadcrumbs, and make a dressing to pour over the top. If you want to make Mexican recipes, which are healthy, delicious, and full of flavor, this baked artichoke recipe is excellent.
For the mixed dried herbs, you can either use a package of mixed herbs or an Italian seasoning blend, or you can combine your own preferred herbs. Thyme and oregano go especially well with these baked artichokes but feel free to throw in any herbs you especially like. This baked artichoke recipe is a great idea if you usually end up making the same side dishes or if you are looking for something interesting to make for vegetarian guests. It is also nice to serve at a buffet or pot luck supper.
Baked Artichoke Side Dish
Summary: coming soon
- 2 oz grated parmesan
- 2 oz grated pecorino cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 4 halved sun-dried tomatoes
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for baking dishes
- 3 packages thawed, drained artichoke hearts, 9 oz each
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the parsley, cheese, herbs, breadcrumbs, salt in a bowl, and add black pepper to season.
- Use olive oil to grease the insides of a pair of 9 ½ inch ceramic baking dishes.
- Alternatively, you can use one 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Divide the artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes between the dishes, spreading them into a single layer.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes and press down.
- Tap the base of the dishes to settle the contents.
- Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, lime zest and oil, then drizzle this over the top.
- Cover the dishes, first with parchment paper and then with aluminum foil.
- Bake for half an hour, then turn the heat up to 375 degrees F and uncover the dishes.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
As you can see from the photo, this is a colorful and tasty looking dish. Artichokes are delicious and you can use them to make salads or to make delicious recipes like these baked artichokes. The sun-dried tomatoes add flavor and color, as does the parsley. This dish is great as an entrée or as a side dish, depending on portion size. If you are cooking a steak or chicken breast, why not make baked artichokes as a side dish? It certainly makes a change from other types of side dishes and this is a nutritious recipe as well as an unusual and flavorful one.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (69975 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (58239 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (39001 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (37022 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27153 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18384 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14828 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (13969 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11647 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10730 Views)