Mexican Corn Bread Recipe
Mexican corn bread is a favorite that is easy to fix and it makes a great addition to any Mexican meal. Try this cornbread recipe for dinner tonight as a main dish or a great side dish that your family and friends will enjoy. Mexican cornbread is moist and delicious and of course the homemade version is the absolute best. You will find it simple to prepare and the flavor is amazing.
If you want a great recipe for corn bread that is different but is slightly spicy to go with your curry chicken dinner then you have to try this recipe. Yellow cornmeal, flour, baking soda, chopped green chilies, salt, pepper, eggs, cream style corn, Monterey Jack cheese, sugar and cheddar cheese are combined and then the corn bread is baked in your oven below to yield a delightfully fluffy, slightly spicy pan of corn bread. Your family will take one bite before emitting sighs of pleasure as the blend of flavors dance on their tongues.
Besides curry chicken, this corn bread would go great with green chili spiced pork chops, or even a Mexican Stir Fry. Serve your meal with either stir-fried jalapeno or garlic-spiced vegetables or a nice fresh colorful tossed salad with dressings of your choice. No matter what you chose to serve your Mexican Corn Bread with it is bound to be well received by everyone in your family.
This is perhaps a recipe you would like to bookmark or print out. Make it once and you will find out why this is a recipe worth holding on to, because the flavors are really good, and making cornbread is a simple and straightforward process. Bake it for an hour and serve it warm from the oven with the amazing aroma making everyone’s mouth water.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 15 oz cream-style corn
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 oz chopped green chile peppers
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Beat the sugar and butter together in a bow, then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the chilies, cream corn, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In another bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the corn mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the corn bread comes out clean.
Corn bread is always good but the best type is the one you make yourself, either skillet cornbread or the type you make in the oven. This recipe makes the most delicious cornbread and it features Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, as well as all the other ingredients which combine to make it delicious. The mixture simply needs to be combined, and then you are all ready to bake this. The photo shows how yellow, fluffy and appealing the finished cornbread will be, and shows how you can add a splash of color by including red chilies and black olive slices in the recipe if you wish.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded and edited: 03-31-16
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45796 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23456 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)