Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Are you looking for a Mexican garlic shrimp recipe? Mexican garlic shrimp is a great way to prepare shrimp for dinner. This great tasting dish is a good way to top off the Mexican rice, and why not some Mexican black beans to complete a south of the border style dinner which the whole family will enjoy? Try this quick recipe and be amazed when your family asks for it again the next time they are in the mood for some yummy south of the border spice.
Let your mouth start to water as you dream of platters of enchiladas smothered in chili cheese sauce, followed closely by steaming hot tamales and chili rellenos covered in your favorite cheese. Now add sides of piping hot frijoles and seasoned rice, their aromas filling your nostrils with their spiciness tickling your nose. Crisp hot tacos, guacamole and pico de gallo could also accompany this amazing platter, but whatever you do, do not forget the Mexican garlic shrimp, since that is going to be the centerpiece! Are you hungry yet?
When you learn to make this wonderfully spicy Mexican garlic shrimp recipe your friends and neighbors might think your place is a new Mexican food restaurant! When you learn this simple-to-prepare dish however, you and your family will get to enjoy great tasting Mexican food anytime. To fix this dish you will need peeled and deveined shrimp, Sauternes wine, butter, garlic, green chilies, onion, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, parsley, olive oil, and lemon.
Follow the simple directions below and you will soon hear the sound of chatter as all your neighbors begin heading over once they have discovered where the wonderful smell of the garlic melded with onion, chilies, tomatoes and jalapenos is coming from!
- ½ cup butter
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 4 tablespoons minced green chilies
- 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- 1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ cups Sauternes or sweet white wine
- ⅓ cup parsley
- 4 minced green onions
- Cook the onion, jalapeno, green chili, and tomato in the olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Put the butter and wine in a skillet and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add the tomato and green chili mixture to the wine mixture in the skillet and keep cooking on medium high, stirring well.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the shrimp. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon over all the shrimp.
- Turn off heat and stir in the herbs.
A lot of shrimp recipes feature garlic and lemon juice, but this recipe takes it to the next level, including chilies, herbs, tomatoes and green onions, to give it that distinctive south of the border kick. This is a very easy recipe for shrimp if you want Mexican flavors, and anyone will find it simple to make. Serve it with a couple of Mexican side dishes to make a delicious entrée or serve it as an appetizer, framed on a large lettuce leaf perhaps or with lemon wedges on the side. The photo shows the lovely pink hue of the shrimp. Perhaps your mouth is already watering.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded and edited: 03-30-16
“Chef Bernard’s Mexican Shrimp Recipe With Avocado Mango”
Step by Step Instructions for Mexican Shrimp Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117384 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18950 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)