7 Layer Taco Salad Recipe
If you like to make traditional Mexican recipes, you will know that many of them look stunning, and a nice food presentation, such as a tasty layered dish, is guaranteed to whet everyone’s appetite. A 7 layer taco salad recipe provides color, contrasting textures, flavors, and an impressive presentation. No wonder such salads are so popular, not only in Mexico but in many countries.
This 7 layer taco salad recipe makes a delicious lunch or a light evening meal and the fresh ingredients make it healthy and nutritious. This layered salad features plenty of classic Mexican food ingredients such as tomatoes, bell pepper, lime juice, ground beef, cheese, onion, sour cream and more, making it ideal for any season or occasion. You can serve this salad at a party or buffet, or for lunch or dinner anytime.
Be creative with 7 layer salads. Nobody is going to mind if your 7 layer taco salad recipe turns into 8 or even 9 layers! If you want to add some other ingredients to it, be imaginative. The great thing about salads is that you can add anything you fancy and most ingredients will be great. This dish looks very attractive so adding even more color to it will only make it look more appetizing.
The bright red of the tomato, sunny yellow of the cheese, bright green salad leaves, and nice red bell pepper, are just some of the beautiful shades in this salad. Vivid colors show freshness, which is why colorful foods appeal to our eyes and tempt our palates. It is no secret Mexicans love using fresh produce, and it is a good idea to follow their example and incorporate fresh fruit and vegetables in your cooking, because of the vital nutrients and of course the lovely flavors. Making a layered salad can be a lot of fun, because you can be artistic arranging the ingredients nicely and everyone will remark on what a lovely-looking dish this is.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon limejuice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 cups iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine the salsa and limejuice and set aside.
- Brown the beef in a skillet over a medium heat and drain it.
- Sprinkle with the taco seasoning and stir to coat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Divide the tortillas between 6 plates, layer with the beans, then the beef mixture, the onion, bell pepper, lettuce and cheese and finally the tomato.
- Serve the salsa and sour cream on the side.
- Serve immediately.
This 7 layer taco salad recipe is a wonderful looking dish. The colors and textures are varied and you can serve this for lunch or dinner, or as an appetizer or snack. Mexicans love layered salad recipes and if you have never used Mexican ingredients like black beans, salsa, lime juice and more to make a salad, you are going to love the way this 7 layer taco salad recipe tastes. It really is bursting with flavor and the fact that you serve it while the meat is hot means you have hot and chilled ingredients together which is great.
Leave a Reply
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (109778 Views)
- Home (98304 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (58965 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (43828 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32456 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (27392 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (21970 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (21685 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17111 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (14678 Views)