Best Taco Salad Recipe Ever
This is a surefire contender for the best taco salad recipe ever, or possibly even the very best one. Make it yourself and you will see what I mean! The flavors are so good that you will think you are in Mexico enjoying a delicious south of the border dish on a terrace somewhere and enjoying the warm Mexican sun on your face. This is an authentic taco salad recipe you will love and crave on regular basis. Next time you are in the mood for Mexican food, dive into this recipe and reward your palate with fantastic south of the border flavors.
Did you know that many salads offer all the nutrients and vitamins typically found in a ‘full course meal’, yet many do not eat salad as a meal? It is true – this salad is rich in beta-carotene, iron, niacin and plenty of others that will keep the body going strong all day long. So why then do people not eat salads as a meal more often? Well, this is because many do not feel full without having meat! A salad does not have to comprise a sad pile of leaves with not much else on the plate, nor does it have to be served cold, and nor does it have to be meat-free!
For many, meat is what makes a well-balanced meal, and without some kind of meat they feel they are lacking, and therefore are convinced their bodies they are still hungry when in fact they are not. So, if you or someone in your family thinks this way, why not try the following recipe? This taco salad is loaded with lettuce, tomato, onion, hamburger meat, chili beans, cheese, guacamole, and salsa, and it is served in a delicious edible bowl!
Generous scoops of hamburger and shredded cheese and beans will satisfy any carnivorous appetite. You can make it your own, leaving out the beans or swapping them for corn, changing the ground beef for ground pork, or choosing all kinds of tasty toppings for the finished salad. All this rich protein with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, salsa, and guacamole will fill you up faster than you realize and will have you patting your stomach in contented satisfaction. So if you still have your doubts whether a salad will be filling enough for a complete entrée, try this and you will see for yourself!
- 15¼ oz can kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Corn oil, for deep frying
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees.
- Add one tortilla and let it float for 5 seconds.
- With a ladle, press the center of the shell so the tortilla wraps around the ladle in a bowl shape.
- Hold it in place for 2 minutes.
- Brown the beef and onion in a skillet, then add the salsa, beans, cumin, salt, chili powder and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until no pink remains in the beef and the mixture is hot and well mixed.
- Divide the lettuce equally between the tortillas and top with cooked meat mixture, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Add your favorite garnishes and serve while the meat mixture is still warm.
Colorful and appealing, this is one of the heartiest salads you can serve. First you have the crispy, crunchy fried tortilla bowl which is both useful and edible, and in there are the bright green colors of the lettuce along with tomatoes, cheese and a rich and juicy beef mixture. You can make this salad however you wish, spicing it up with jalapeños, trying 2 or 3 kinds of shredded cheese on top, adding guacamole or avocado slices, or even sliced olives. The main ingredients are the crunchy tortilla bowls, the beef mixture and the cheese on top, but beyond that you can let your imagination run riot.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119402 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63207 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34618 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23427 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18947 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17647 Views)