Mexican Cobb Salad Recipe
Are you planning a Mexican dinner party and need a great Mexican Cobb salad recipe? No Mexican dinner would be complete without having a great fresh salad to serve your guests. Try this featured recipe and be delighted when it steals the show with its fresh taste. Mexican Cobb salad is a fast and easy recipe that is sure to please. This is something that should suit all (or most) palates.
So imagine this scenario: your office is having a Cinco de Mayo potluck and you have been asked to bring a salad. However, you haven’t a clue what kind of salad would go well with enchiladas, beans, rice, and all the other traditional dishes of this Mexican theme. Well, what about a traditional Mexican Cobb salad? This is one of several salads served alongside Mexican food and calls for a root called jicama to offer a distinctive flavor and crunch. Jicama is a crisp sweet root vegetable that looks like a turnip but is in no way related.
Besides the delicious sweetness of the jicama this salad also calls for; shredded jack cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped romaine lettuce, kidney beans, crisp cooked bacon crumbles, cooked and chopped chicken, avocado and chopped red onion.
These ingredients, when prepared according to directions below, will help you prepare this scrumptious Mexican dish for your office party or in fact any other event. Your friends and co-workers will be asking you to share this wonderful recipe so they can make it for their families. Before long, everyone will know and love it!
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 6 cups shredded romaine
- 6 crumbled cooked bacon slices
- 1½ cups diced jicama
- 1½ cups diced cooked chicken
- 15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 diced avocado
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- Extra-virgin olive oil and lime juice, as needed
- Sour cream (optional)
- Layer the lettuce, beans, cheese and half the tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Add the chicken, avocado, onion, tomatoes, jicama and bacon.
- Drizzle over some extra-virgin olive oil and lime juice, and serve immediately.
- Some people like sour cream on top, but you can offer that on the side perhaps.
Cobb salad is a classic dish and one you cannot improve upon, but if you are looking for something similar yet offering a Mexican touch, consider this Mexican take on Cobb salad. You still get the chicken, bacon, avocado, cheese and romaine, but instead of the egg you can expect kidney beans and jicama. The dressing used here is extra-virgin olive oil and lime juice, although you can swap the lime juice for either lemon juice or red wine vinegar if you want. The photo shows what the salad looks like when you toss the ingredients together, but arrange them in rows if you prefer a more traditional Cobb salad appearance.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded and edited: 03-30-16
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119402 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63206 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34618 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23424 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18946 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17647 Views)