Mexican Cucumber Salad Recipe
Here is a simple Mexican cucumber salad recipe that makes a light lunchtime meal in terms of keeping the calories down and overall healthy eating. We know a lot of people just don’t have a lot of time at lunch, so try this Mexican cucumber salad instead of going to the bother of preparing sandwiches or soup, and enjoy the tasty, fresh flavors it offers in every mouthful.
Bright Fresh Flavors
You will experience a nice blend of flavors in this zesty Mexican cucumber salad and with one bite you are definitely south of the border in terms of taste.
Crunchy cucumbers, red and green bell peppers, tangy tomatoes (organic if possible, for a better flavor) and corn blended with a hint of fire with cumin and cilantro combine to make this tasty south of the border dish. It is so delicious and so infused with flavor you’ll be dancing around the sombrero in delight.
Serve this Mexican cucumber salad as a first course to a traditional Mexican main meal. Pass the crunchy tortilla chips and the chilled frozen margaritas, and you are all set for a wonderful meal. Just follow it up with your favorite Mexican entree and sides and do not forget the dessert at the end.
Take the first bite and the flavors dance across the taste buds. You can almost hear the Mariachi band in the distance. This delicious Mexican cucumber salad brings the flavors of Mexico to your table for all to enjoy. Guests will be yelling ‘Ole!’ at this taste sensation on a plate. Make sure to have plenty of chilled margaritas or fruited sangria to enjoy with your south of the border taste sensation. Alternatively just keep things simple and make this for lunch instead of as an appetizer. It goes just great with tortillas on the side.
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 8¾ oz can whole kernel corn (drained) (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lb chopped fresh tomatoes (organic if possible)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Toss the cucumber with the corn (if using), green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and red wine vinegar.
- Season with the red pepper flakes, garlic, cumin, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes on top.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle over some fresh cilantro or dried chives before serving if liked.
Fresh produce is a key component in Mexican cuisine, and this recipe certainly includes plenty of lovely salad vegetables. The dressing is made with garlic, cilantro, cumin, red pepper flakes, and red wine vinegar. You can feel free to swap the tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, and corn, for other salad ingredients. You can see in the picture we omitted the corn kernels. Consider adding black olive slices, radishes or perhaps artichoke hearts. This makes a nice appetizer or side dish, or you could serve it for lunch, perhaps with some crusty bread or warmed-up tortillas on the side.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded and edited: 03-30-16
A Vegan and Healthy Alternative Version
Step by Step Instructions for a “Cucumber Salad Recipe – Healthy Vegan Recipes”
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117391 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)