Tropical Pina Colada Fruit Salad
This quick and easy pina colada fruit salad recipe is the perfect meal at breakfast or even lunch or dessert. This easy recipe can be put together in 10 minutes and makes a great-tasting feast that rejuvenates your energy levels and gets you through the rest of your day. For a refreshing tropical taste sensation that will delight your palate with the sweet blend of fruits from the tropics, try this wonderful dish. Your family will rave about the blended fruits along with the sauce of the tropics. Even the children will eat this fruit combination with glee.
The flavorful combination of watermelon, peaches, bananas, blueberries, pineapple, and strawberries gently tossed with pina colada mix and then chilled makes a wonderful tropical delight that is cool and soothing. Serve this beautiful ensemble of decadent tropical fruit salad blend in a clear glass bowl for a top presentation. This recipe would go great at a family picnic or barbecue. Friends would rave over the tropical blend that is sure to be as refreshing and delightful as the pina colada cocktail that is so popular in the tropics.
An optional alternative for your adult guests and family members would be to add a splash of white rum before chilling. Just whisk the rum with the pina colada mix for a delightful adult variation of this luscious tropical delight. The dish is refreshing, so consider making this in the late spring or during the summer, for a way for everyone to cool off, making a change from the iced beverages or frozen treats you usually make. This is a versatile dish that can be breakfast, lunch or dessert, or even one of the options at a buffet, picnic or another kind of gathering.
Feel free to swap the fruits for other types of fruit. Perhaps you want to add plum, nectarine or raspberries. Go ahead and use all your favorites and make the fruit salad as colorful and delicious as you wish. The only limit is your imagination. As well as the fruit you will need pina colada mix and some fresh mint for a garnish. Forget the mint if you do not have any, and simply combine the chopped and sliced fruit with the pina colada mix. You can then either serve it right away or chill it for several hours. For a gourmet take on the recipe, swap the pina colada mix for champagne.
- 1 sliced peach
- 1 sliced banana
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup watermelon chunks
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup pina colada mix
- 6 sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Combine all the fruit in a bowl.
- Drizzle over the pina colada mix and stir until evenly coated.
- Serve straight away, garnished with fresh mint, or chill for up to 4 hours.
- You can either serve this in hollowed-out pineapples or in glass dishes.
Fruit salad is always fantastic, but add some pina colada mix to add extra flavor and you have a tropical, Mexican-inspired dish which is perfect for breakfast, lunch or even dessert. Serve it in a hollowed-out fresh pineapple for the most beautiful presentation, or clear glass dishes so you can see all the lovely colors of the fruit. Feel free to mix and match the types of fruit you use. This is so simple to make, and you can literally make the dish in a few minutes. Add a splash of rum to make an indulgent, adults-only dessert, or keep it simple and it is great for the whole family.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)