Black Bean and Avocado Salsa with 2 Kinds of Corn
Salsa is always good, and it is perhaps the quintessential Mexican dip. Not only is salsa a dip of course. It can also be served as a sauce or condiment. There are so many different types to choose from. You will never get bored of salsa recipes because there are so many to choose from. Whatever kind of meat, poultry, fish, seafood, or vegetarian dish you are making, there is definitely a salsa recipe which will match it, perhaps something with mango, pineapple or another fruit, a spicy salsa, a chunky pico de gallo type, or something simple.
The following recipe teams 2 kinds of corn with 2 kinds of onion, adding in black beans, cilantro, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic and avocado. A little lime juice and extra-virgin olive oil goes into the salsa to finish it off beautifully. This is not a spicy salsa recipe, making it ideal for a crowd-pleaser. Not every is into spicy food, so keep the flavor tasty and mild, and if anyone wants to spice it up they can add their own hot sauce. This recipe makes enough for about 25 servings, so it is ideal if you are having a large gathering and want to serve homemade salsa.
Some people use canned tomatoes in salsa to give it more juice and a softer texture, but while some people really like this twist, others do not, so do whatever you prefer. With the corn and beans, ensure you drain and rinse them before using. For the other ingredients, try to cut the ingredients into a similar-size dice so the ingredients are easier to combine. Served with tortilla chips, corn chips, crackers, or anything else you want to dip, this salsa makes a fragrant, flavorful and colorful appetizer. It would make a great centerpiece.
Salsa can be served chilled from the refrigerator or at room temperature. Either way is good. If you want a special presentation, consider spooning the salsa into avocado shells. One of these would make a generous serving for one person. You might need to save your avocado shells for a while so you have enough but if you remove all the flesh you can freeze them. They are only going to act as bowls anyway, since you are only using the skin. However you present it, rest assured this salsa is sure to go down very well because the flavor is perfectly balanced.
- 7½ oz can white corn
- 7½ oz canned yellow corn
- 15 oz can black beans
- ½ bunch finely chopped cilantro
- 2 finely diced green onions
- ½ finely chopped small red onion
- ½ seeded, chopped red bell pepper
- 2 seeded, chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ diced avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Drain the corn and black beans.
- Combine the corn and beans with the cilantro, green and red onions, bell pepper, tomatoes and garlic in a bowl.
- Mix in the avocado and lime juice gently.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
Salsa is something every Mexican cook worth their salt knows how to make, and most households will have their own recipe for it, or their favorite ingredients that go into their salsa. This one is chunky, a little like pico de gallo, but the pieces are still small enough to scoop up with your choice of tortilla chips or corn chips. Salsa adds a bright, colorful look to any plate, so whether you are serving this as a dip or looking for something to have with your chicken, fish or seafood, you will find this exquisite salsa recipe fits the bill.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119402 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63207 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34618 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23427 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18946 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17647 Views)