Mexican Green Sauce Recipe
Are you looking for a fast and easy Mexican green sauce recipe? This one is easy and works great as a dip for nachos or chips. If you need a good sauce for enchiladas or burritos then why not try this simple, delicious Mexican green sauce recipe? Featured below is how we make the tastiest of sauces to top of your Mexican dinner. It works great for dipping or as a sauce. This one is sure to be a huge hit with any Mexican food fans and it is simple to prepare.
Mexican Green Sauce Recipe
Are you fixing Mexican food for dinner this weekend and want a different sauce to put on top of your enchiladas or for the nachos you made for lunch? Well then try out this recipe and see what you think. This green sauce recipe is just the thing for dipping chips into or you can put it on top of your entree or even have it with chicken or fish as a condiment/side dish.
The savory spicy taste of jalapeno blended together with lime juice, salt, tomatillo, chilies, cilantro, and garlic makes for an excellent piquant sauce you and your whole family will love. Why use costly store-bought sauces and salsas when you can make your own for a whole lot less?
Making your own Mexican salsa verde guarantees that the sauce your family is eating is made with the freshest ingredients, because of course you made it! When you make your own sauce you do not have to worry whether the sauce might be tainted, or how long it has been sitting on the shelf and so on… you will know, because it was made with your own hands.
You do not need many ingredients to prepare this lovely dish – just some jalapeños, lime, tomatillos, chilies, cilantro, and garlic, plus a pinch of salt. These ingredients go into the food processor and then you can whiz them into a typical green sauce which can be served with any kind of meat, fish, poultry or even vegetables, or you can try it as a dip. The fresh flavors are really good and you can imagine how aromatic this is going to be and how much freshness it is going to boast.
- 4 seeded jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tomatillo
- 4 oz diced chilies
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- Blend everything together in a food processor until well combined.
- Let the Mexican green sauce sit for a couple of hours before you use it for the best results.
Quick to make and featuring ingredients you will be able to get easily, as long as you can get tomatillos where you are, this green sauce is typically Mexican. You might be wondering how spicy this is, and actually yes this one does pack quite a flavor punch, but since you are in charge of the ingredients, you may scale down the amount of chilies if you wish and make it slightly milder (or leave the seeds in for added heat!) The picture shows a burrito served with this quick and easy Mexican green sauce. Once you puree your ingredients in the food processor, the result will be this vivid green sauce boasting lovely, fresh, aromatic appeal.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded and edited: 03-30-16
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117384 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30369 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18950 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)