Spiced Black Bean and Corn Side Dish
Are you looking for a Mexican black bean recipe that will make a great side dish for your Mexican meal? This black bean dish is so good that it is like having a fiesta in your mouth every time you take a bite. No Mexican meal will be complete without having a big bowl of these black beans to go with your enchiladas or tacos. Try this easy Mexican black bean recipe the next time you prepare south of the border cuisine for dinner, and watch how pleased everyone is with the magnificent flavor.
This Mexican black bean is a natural choice to accompany your enchiladas or taco dinner. Deliciously seasoned with just the right amount of spice and great taste, this makes a perfect side dish to a traditional Mexican dinner. Perhaps consider green chili chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, and this wonderful Mexican black bean side dish. Don’t forget a nice bowl of guacamole salad, salsa, and cheese dip with chips. Add glasses of frozen margaritas for adults and delicious ice tea for the youngsters and you have a splendid meal.
This Mexican black bean side dish is very easy to make as well as high in fiber and other nutrients. So, they are not only delicious but healthy for your family too. The American Heart Association recommends everyone increase their fiber intake for a healthier diet. There is a whopping 59.8 percent of fiber in just 1 cup of black beans – not only that but also a healthy 28% of thiamine, and 20% iron, just to mention a few nutrients. Now, that gives you the makings of a healthy side dish which is full of flavor too.
This recipe combines black beans with red bell pepper, green onion, corn and more, so you can imagine how colorful it is. Spoon some of this next to your poached fish filet or grilled chicken breast to add plenty of colorful appeal to the plate. Some people like to add a touch of honey to the recipe too, and you can try that if you want it sweeter, but others prefer to use only the sugar, or even to leave out all the sweeteners, so add those ingredients last and leave them out if you prefer, so you end up with the tastiest result that your family will enjoy. Serve it hot, warm or even chilled.
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 drained (14 oz) cans black beans
- 1 drained (14 oz) can corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 diced jalapeño
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- 2 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 sliced green onion
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sauté the red onion in the oil for 10 minutes in a big pot or until tender and golden brown.
- Stir often so it does not burn, adjusting the heat as needed.
- While the red onion is cooking, mix together the green onion, bell pepper, corn, beans, tomato, sugar, ginger, and salt.
- Add the jalapeños and garlic to the red onions in the pan.
- Add another splash of oil if necessary.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and black bean mixture to the red onion mixture in the pan.
- Let the bean side dish simmer for 20 minutes stirring every few minutes.
This colorful side dish may be served hot, warm or chilled, as you prefer, and it is incredibly versatile. Try it with fish or chicken, alongside your beef enchiladas or perhaps served with tuna for an easy lunch that can be carried to work in a plastic container. This is a colorful and appetizing side dish and you can tweak the spice level as well as how sweet it is. Leftovers keep well for a few days in the refrigerator, and the flavor actually becomes more mellow this way, so make it ahead if you wish.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)