Low Carb Chili
Simple, Easy Low Carb Chili
This is a recipe for low carb chili. This chili recipe is low carb, low calorie, low fat, high protein and high fiber, so you get all kinds of great health benefits when you make this. Cooking it is simple, fast and easy. Just open the cans and stick them in the crockpot, then you can walk away for a few hours. What I love about this chili recipe is that it’s so universal. I take the low carb chili with me to pot lucks, homeless shelters, BBQs and parties. Everyone always raves about it.
Trying to watch your carb or fat intake? This low carb chili is an excellent cold weather meal choice that fits right in. Very high in fiber, low in fat and carbs, it is a perfect way to enjoy delicious chili.
This low carb chili is very simple to make and basically cooks itself, leaving you free to do other tasks. While you do other things around the house, you will be catching whiffs of this delicious low carb chili as it simmers slowly. The tantalizing aroma will have you craving a bowl as soon as it is done!
A bowl of healthy, low fiber beans, and chicken seasoned to perfection makes for the best chili you have ever tasted. This is a great covered pot dish to take to church fellowship, a family get-together or really anywhere.
If you need to feed a crowd, simply double or triple the recipe to feed an entire group. Do not worry about having leftovers because that is unlikely. Also, you can freeze the chili in portions, then simply thaw them for convenient future lunches. The flavor of this low carb chili will have you making this more often, I can assure you.
- 1 package sugar-free taco seasoning
- 2 chopped chicken breasts
- 1 can chicken broth and 1 can water
- 2 cans of beans (any variety)
- 1 can low-fat refried beans
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- Put all the beans in the crockpot, then stir in the other ingredients.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high.
- You can go vegetarian with this recipe and it is still good. Use vegetable broth and chopped extra-firm tofu instead of chicken.
If you want to make this even lower in carbs, consider leaving out the beans or swapping them for chopped bell pepper or button mushrooms or similar. Beans do have carbs in, but of course less than some other ingredients. A low carb condiment would be sour cream, or consider a sliced avocado or make your own guacamole by mashing the avocado with lime juice, cumin, and cilantro. The recipe is very easy to make and you can tweak it to make it a perfect fit to your palate. A pinch of unsweetened cocoa powder can also be added to this dish, and a lot of chili fans love the effect that gives. Serve hot sauce on the side if you want to spice it up further at the table.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded and edited: 03-30-16
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)