Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Good things come to those who wait…especially when it comes to chili. This slow cooker recipe is a great dish to put on before leaving for work, and is ready when you get home. Knowing that a hearty, high protein, low in fat chili is waiting for me at home sometimes gets me through that long workday. The benefit of slow cooking, generally, is that the meat becomes incredibly tender, and that the flavor saturates over time.
This slow cooker recipe for white chicken chili is assembled quickly with chicken thighs, canned beans and zesty tomatoes. The chopped onions, ground cumin, and dried oregano leaves are some basic chili enhancing ingredients that bring out the flavor that captures the taste bud’s undivided attention. If you’re a true Mexican food lover, add a dash of chili powder for that extra kick. If a thicker chili is desired, drain one can of beans. In addition, the chili may be topped with a dollop of sour cream and served with a lime wedge.
Some think that a slow cooker recipe is a time consuming endeavor that should only be done for special occasions. However, it is quite the contrary. Simply add everything to the pot, set a phone reminder, and go about your day as usual. In reality, you’ll probably only spend 5 minutes in the kitchen!
Featuring the flavors of chilies, onion, oregano, and onion, this tasty chili recipe is easy to make, and probably the kind of dish you will want to make again and again. Because it is a crockpot recipe you can be sure all the flavors in there are going to blend really nicely and the resulting crockpot is going to be a winner. The flavors are very simple but everything works together really well and you will definitely be impressed with the results. Serve the chili topped with avocado slices, sour cream, or anything else you wish to add. It is nice served with white rice, tortilla chips, or even a baked potato.
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can (10 oz each) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place 1 can of beans in slow cooker; mash with potato masher or spoon until smooth.
- Add second can of beans (drain beans for thicker chili) and all remaining ingredients to slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours.
- Carefully separate chicken into bite-size pieces.
This classic, yet appetizing slow cooker recipe contains tender chicken thighs, beans, and zesty tomatoes. Throw in some onion, ground cumin, and dried oregano leaves, and viola, you have a tasty classic chili recipe. Top off the culinary masterpiece with a spoonful of sour cream and a lime wedge. Add additional spices or seasoning if you know you like your chili a certain way. And remember, this is just one of many variations of chili that can be made.
Photo Credit: Used with permission of rights owner
Author Bio: Justin writes about healthy eating and recipes on behalf of Rotel. For more tips and recipes, check out http://www.ro-tel.com/
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)