Authentic Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Corn tortillas are used to make this tasty Mexican soup recipe, as well as chicken and onions, pepper and garlic, which are vegetables often used in Mexican food recipes. This chicken tortilla soup is quite quick and easy to make. You just need to prepare the ingredients, cook them on the hob, and bake the tortillas.
Tortillas are used as widely in Mexican cuisine as bread is used in the United States. There are corn tortillas and flour tortillas and these are eaten daily in most Mexican households, and also used to make delicious Mexican food recipes like this chicken tortilla soup.
Cilantro, lime juice, and cumin give this chicken tortilla soup recipe a traditional Mexican food flavor. Ideal for cool winter evenings, this soup is very healthy, as well as warming, and very satisfying. You can vary the amount of jalapeño peppers for a milder or stronger flavor, depending on your preferred taste.
Chicken Tortilla Soup Mexican Style
Summary: coming soon
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 corn tortillas, 6 inch
- 3 cups chicken broth, fat skimmed off
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 14 oz can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- Bring ½ cup of the chicken broth to a boil in a big pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the green bell pepper, onion, potatoes, garlic, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the jalapeno, stewed tomatoes, the cumin, and the rest of the chicken broth and bring the soup to a boil. Let it simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat the tortillas on both sides with spray oil and cut them into thin strips.
- Put them on a baking sheet and bake them for 15 minutes or until they are crispy.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice to the suit, and top each bowl of soup with the strips of tortilla.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79004 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (69354 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44118 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40497 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29219 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20534 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17632 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14818 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13099 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12684 Views)