The Best Traditional Mexican Recipes
If you want to experience the real taste of Mexico, you will be keen to sample some of the best traditional dishes. Traditional food includes such delights as quesadillas, enchiladas, and tacos. Mexicans enjoy using fresh produce to make these dishes and they are rightfully proud of such a delicious cuisine. Of course, Mexico is a huge country, so the traditional meals, side dishes, and desserts do vary from region to region. If you have enjoyed traditional recipes in a good quality restaurant, you might like to make your own at home, and this is much easier than you might have thought. This type of food is not only easy to make but it is also a typically healthy cuisine and full of wonderful, exciting flavors.
Popular Foods Through the Ages
Traditional foods are those, which have survived because of their popularity, so they tend to be amongst the most famous dishes in the country. If you have only experienced Tex Mex food or takeout dishes, you will be inspired by our traditional Mexican recipes because they focus on using authentic spices and flavorings, as well as typical ingredients and traditional produce. Popular ingredients such as beef, chicken, local cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, tortillas, and avocados have always been popular in this cuisine and these are just some of the exiting ingredients you can use to make your own traditional meals.
Mexican Meals – Beginning to End
Get the party started on the right note by offering chips and homemade salsa, pico de gallo or even guacamole. Whether you are having a small or large gathering, a dinner party or even a Mexican meal for your family, it is always nice to start as you mean to go on, and that often means offering some kind of tasty appetizer to whet everyone’s appetite. Next up will be your entrée, and you might wish to consider a classic south of the border meal such as tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, or another well-loved dish.
If you would prefer an intermediate soup course, might we suggest Yucatan lime soup or pozole perhaps? Chicken mole is a nice entrée for a special occasion, or you could try your hand at making carne asada or chiles rellenos. Next up is dessert and you have plenty of options for that course, ranging from classic dishes such as creamy vanilla flan or Mexican chocolate mousse, to more unusual choices like mango soufflé or coconut sorbet. Recreating a dish you have tried in a restaurant is also a possibility, so consider making your own deep-fried ice cream perhaps.
The Appeal of Mexican Cooking
Mexican cuisine runs the gamut from light and citrusy to rich and smothered in melted cheese, and traditional Mexican dishes are just so tempting. These dishes are zesty, enhanced with fresh herbs and aromatic spices, and presented beautifully with minimum fuss. Whether you are planning a simple weeknight supper or a weekend fiesta with all your friends in attendance, there is no doubt Mexican fare will help make the occasion perfect, regardless of which traditional dishes you choose to make.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119390 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117341 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63187 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45739 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34595 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30348 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24100 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23409 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18923 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17604 Views)