Authentic Mexican Chicken Flautas Recipe
Learn how to make your own Mexican chicken flautas for appetizers or to serve as a main dish. These little Mexican snack wraps are perfect for parties or dinner. You can serve all your favorite side dishes with them to make a complete meal, so maybe consider Spanish rice, black beans, refried beans, and all your favorites, to round out the dish to perfection. Great Mexican recipes for chicken flautas are the perfect palate-pleasers for any occasion, so if you want a change from the beef or pork ones you usually make, consider chicken as your filling.
These Mexican chicken flautas are sure to be absolutely the best you have ever tasted and not only because they are handmade with love. The recipe is simple and foolproof and you can have fun making them too. You will want to make this recipe again and again for the family. They really are so easy to prepare and even the kids can help if they want to get involved. These are a great movie night easy food item. For a fabulous tray of finger foods for family movie night, try Mexican chicken flautas, a few jalapeño poppers and homemade burritos.
This is so easy for a family night. Let the children help put these together. Serve with sour cream and salsa for those who prefer. With this very quick recipe there is no need to spend all evening in the kitchen. They are easy and inexpensive to make but very delicious, so make these and you are certainly going to be presenting a winning meal which everyone will be delighted with and request that you make again,
Children love these Mexican chicken flautas and teenagers simply devour them. They cannot get enough of the wonderful flavor and of course the lovely satisfying crunch they offer. They are quite small so it goes without saying one is never enough. Eat one of these and you will want another! These also make a great food item for slumber parties or even family get together. No doubt you will need to make plenty because they seem to vanish as quickly as they are made. The ingredients are easy to find and the flautas themselves are simple to make, so you should definitely give this a try.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cooked, shredded skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
- 36 corn tortillas, 6 inches across
- 8 oz picante sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the shredded chicken, picante sauce and ground cumin in a bowl and mix together.
- Heat the vegetable oil over a medium-high heat in a skillet.
- Place a corn tortilla in the oil for a couple of seconds on both sides to soften.
- Repeat this with all of the tortillas, then arrange them on paper towels to soak up some of the grease.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Roll the tortilla up and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas until the chicken mixture is used up.
- If there is any cheese left over, sprinkle it over the rolled tortillas.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tortillas are a little crispy and golden brown.
Although flautas are usually deep-fried, these are baked instead but you can expect the same crunchy results. The filling is a simple blend of chicken, cumin and cheese, along with some picante sauce to spice things up a bit, and then all that there is left to do is roll them up and bake them. While they are baking you can prepare any side dishes or, if you are serving these as a snack, perhaps consider some sour cream or guacamole as a dip. Served warm from the oven, these have to be some of the most delicious examples of Mexican cooking, and the recipe is easy enough for anyone to follow.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117388 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)