Barbacoa Chicken Flautas
Mexican recipes are a tradition in many homes and so many people enjoy recipes like barbacoa flautas to serve at dinner time. An authentic recipe for barbacoa flautas is so delicious the whole family will be begging for seconds and thirds. You can make a variety of side dishes to go with them. Spanish rice and refried beans are just some of the sides you can enjoy with this tasty and authentic recipe, or you can come up with your own favorites.
Mexican food is a popular cuisine in so many homes because it is filling and affordable for everyone. So many cultures and variety of people enjoy this cuisine and you can eat Mexican recipes like barbacoa flautas on a budget. You will not have any worries about overspending on an expensive meal when you have great tasting Mexican food you can make at home, quickly and easily, and there are certainly plenty of traditional Mexican recipes to choose from, including the crunchy little snacks known as flautas.
Homemade Mexican food is way better than anything you can get at fast food places. Save yourself the time and money and start cooking at home some good old fashioned barbacoa flautas. Next time people are coming over for dinner you need to make them this new recipe and watch their eyes light up. The aroma of Mexican recipe fills the air when you make the best flautas around. Make this Mexican recipe and many more for a low cost. Save yourself the hassle of fancy dinners because these barbacoa flautas taste just as great as anything from the restaurant.
Not many people know how to make a barbacoa flautas perfect but here in this recipe we will share a little secret with you. Fresh ingredients make for big flavor in an authentic recipe for barbacoa flautas. Mexican cooks love using fresh ingredients and will often see what looks fresh and good at the market and then fashion a Mexican dish around that instead of finding the recipe first then looking for the ingredients to match. This recipe features chicken, cheese, cumin and picante sauce, as well as the tortillas of course.
- 4 grilled chicken breast halves (no bones or skin)
- 8 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
- 36 small corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz picante sauce
- Few drops of liquid smoke (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shred the chicken with a pair of forks or else just using your fingers.
- If your chicken was not cooked on the barbeque, add a couple of drops of liquid smoke if you like, to add that barbacoa taste.
- Combine the chicken with the cumin and picante sauce in a bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil and place a corn tortilla in it for a couple of seconds per side to soften.
- Repeat with all of the tortillas then let them sit on paper towel to soak up the excess grease.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Roll up the tortillas and arrange on a lightly greased cookie sheet seam side down.
- Repeat with all of the tortillas.
- If there is any cheese left over, you can sprinkle it over the rolled tortillas.
Crispy and crunchy, Mexican flautas are distinctive and if you are familiar with this little snack you will recognize them immediately. Although flautas can be filled with beef or pork, this recipe uses chicken, cheese and hot sauce, as well as a little cumin. Serve these hot little treats at your next gathering, perhaps offering sour cream and salsa on the side. Guacamole makes a nice dip too. Feel free to add some chili powder to spice them up further if you want. A couple of these makes a lovely appetizer for everyone, or else you can serve several with a side dish, to stretch them into an entrée size portion.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119408 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117396 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63217 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45765 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30375 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18954 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17663 Views)