Baked Mixed Bean Quesadillas
These quesadillas are a wonderful way to incorporate the healthy fiber beans offer into your diet, and you can also throw in some cooked chicken or beef if you want. To make them vegetarian just leave out the meat, swapping it for extra cheese. These are easy to tweak, so if you want to use only black beans, for example, or a mixture of kidney beans and corn, go ahead. Any combination works. These make a great breakfast, snack, lunch, or dinner.
The main ingredients in quesadillas are always the tortillas and some cheese, and a basic quesadilla is made by sandwiching cheese between tortillas and cooking in a pan (or in the oven) until the cheese melts, but there are so many variations on this theme. Some people like to add tomatoes, avocado or another tasty vegetable, while others prefer beans, meat, poultry, or even fruit. Try a thinly sliced Granny Smith apple along with the cheese for an interesting change from your usual filling, or even ground beef with plenty of jalapeños mixed in.
The great thing about quesadillas is how quick they are to make. Unless your fillings have to be cooked separately first, you can simply add the filling and then cook them in a pan on the stove. It only takes a few minutes to melt the cheese, and once the cheese has melted and the filling is hot, the quesadillas can be served. You can either fold one tortilla in half, like a half-moon, to make the quesadillas, or else top one with another, then the finished quesadillas will be round, and you can cut them with a knife or even a pizza cutter.
The following recipe combines 3 kinds of beans with cheese and salsa. Serve them hot with sour cream and more salsa. If you want to add some meat, go ahead, and you can also add hot sauce or jalapeños if you want. Make this recipe your own. Everyone has different ideas about what makes a delicious quesadilla, so if you prefer yours simple or with more ingredients, mild or spicy, filled with different types of beans, or just your favorite, go ahead and make them the way you want, for a wonderful result. Serve these for any meal, and the whole family will love them.
- 10 medium flour tortillas
- 15 oz canned kidney beans
- 7½ oz canned black beans
- 7½ oz canned garbanzo beans
- 1⅔ cups salsa
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped cooked chicken or ground beef
- 1½ cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain all the beans.
- Mash the beans with 1 cup of the salsa.
- Add a few drops of hot sauce if you want.
- Mix in the meat.
- Spread this mixture over 5 of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and put the remaining 5 tortillas on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are crisp and hot.
- Cut into wedges and serve with the sour cream and the rest of the salsa.
The crunchy quesadillas offer so much incredible flavor. They are packed with cheese, salsa, beans, and even some chicken or beef if you want. Add as much or as little chili as you like, to add a spicy touch. Although quesadillas are usually cooked in a skillet on the stove, you can also bake them if you wish, and they will come out just as crispy. The photo shows what kind of a result you can expect, although here we are serving them with corn on the cob, salad, sour cream, and other things. These are just as nice served alone if you are looking for a quick snack rather than a complete meal.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)