Tasty Bacon and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
Make breakfast extra-special next time with these great-tasting bacon and egg breakfast quesadillas. Quick and easy to make, these warm treats will fill all the bellies at the breakfast table and leave the whole family with big smiles. Are you searching for a new and unique breakfast idea that everyone will love and that you can make an extra batch to freeze for later? If your answer is yes or if you never thought of this idea of ‘freeze for later’ then you might want to try this breakfast quesadillas recipe.
On a weekend day you can make as many of these delicious quesadillas as you like. Serve some for breakfast and freeze the rest for a convenient ‘breakfast on the go’ during busy weekdays. You will know that with these breakfast quesadillas you are giving your family a quick and easy meal which is chock-full of important protein. Furthermore, the avocado in this breakfast is rich in fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B 6, and 12 and folic acid. Additionally, the avocados are a heart-healthy food.
With these breakfast quesadillas you can be assured your family has the best morning start with this vitamin and mineral-rich breakfast of eggs, avocado, cheese, bacon, black beans, tortillas, and more. Sometimes I like to add a little sausage or leftover cooked ground beef to the quesadillas, just to make them more meaty, and because sausage is nice at breakfast time too, and goes well with the other ingredients. That is optional though, and you can tweak the ingredients as much as you wish, even omitting the bacon if you want a vegetarian Mexican breakfast idea.
These smell delicious while they are cooking, and they are a fine idea for a lazy weekend brunch. If it is late in the morning and you want to serve brunch which will keep everyone full until dinner, add some refried beans, Mexican rice, a fresh fruit salad, and perhaps something spicy like chiles rellenos, and the resulting spread will not only impress everyone because of the bright colors and enticing aromas, but it will be enough to fill everyone’s belly and make them happy and satisfied. These breakfast quesadillas are easy to make too, so there is nothing to worry about, even if you are quite new to making Mexican food.
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 8 oz shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 eggs (10 if they are small)
- ½ lb bacon
- 4 oz cooked sausage or ground beef (optional)
- 15½ oz can black beans
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Guacamole, chopped fresh tomato and sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Mash the avocados with the lemon juice in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon until crisp then drain on paper towels.
- Leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the skillet and keep the rest.
- Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Scramble the eggs in the skillet.
- Microwave the tortillas for 10 seconds or until warm and pliable.
- Lay them on a work surface and sprinkle each with ¼ cup of cheese.
- Top with beans, sausage or beef (if using), egg and bacon, then fold them over.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon fat.
- Add your quesadillas and cook them for 3 minutes, flipping once, or until crisp and golden.
- Do this in batches if your skillet is small.
- Arrange them decoratively on a platter and serve hot.
- If you want, you can serve them with chopped tomato, sour cream and guacamole, adding some fresh herbs too.
Although classic quesadillas (just tortillas and cheese) suit any kind of snack or meal, adding breakfast favorites like eggs, bacon and cheese makes them especially good at breakfast time, or you could consider them for brunch. These breakfast quesadillas are stuffed with those ingredients plus others like black beans and avocado, and you could even add some sausage or leftover ground beef if you wish. Adding red, white and green condiments like in the picture, in the colors of the Mexican flag, add to the visual appeal, and lend this dish a gourmet presentation.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119401 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63205 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34617 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23424 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18946 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17644 Views)