Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos
If you want to make authentic Mexican chicken tacos, you will need to cook the chicken with various spices. Bay leaves, garlic, onion, cumin, and chili are cooked with the chicken in the following Mexican tacos recipe to give the bird plenty of flavor. It is then shredded and used to stuff the tacos. If you have extra chicken left over, refrigerate it and use it within two days.
In Mexico, tacos are not like Taco Bell fast food tacos. Instead they are soft. If you prefer crunchy tortilla shells, you can heat a third of a cup of canola or corn oil in a small skillet until a drop of water sizzles on it, then fry a tortilla lightly on one side. Turn it over and fry the other side. Before it gets crispy, bend it in half with a fork and tongs and hold it over the heat to make the folded part crispy and set the shape. Take it out of the oil, drain it on paper towels, and repeat with the remaining corn tortillas.
Authentic Mexican chicken tacos are best served with salsa fresca and cheese. In the following recipe, a homemade salsa is prepared and then you can either serve these authentic chicken tacos with queso blanco, another kind of Mexican cheese, or maybe some grated cheddar.
The Best Chicken Tacos Ever
Summary: coming soon
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 1 ancho chili
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 quartered white onion
- 5 crushed cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried cumin
- 12 corn taco shells
- Queso blanco or grated cheddar, to serve
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salsa Fresca:
- 2 chopped ripe tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 stemmed, seeded jalapeno pepper
- ¼ teaspoon minced raw garlic
- ½ minced white onion
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine the chicken, ancho chili, bay leaves, white onion, garlic, and cumin in a pan and add enough water to cover it.
- Turn the heat up high to bring the mixture to a boil, then let it simmer, skimming any foam off the surface as you go.
- Cover the pan partially and turn the heat down to get a steady simmer.
- Cook the mixture until the meat is tender.
- This will take about half an hour.
- Take the chicken out of the liquid and let it cool, then shred it with your fingers.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Combine the salsa fresco ingredients, adjusting the amount of salt and pepper until it tastes good.
- Let the salsa sit for 15 minutes so the flavors can merge and blend nicely.
- Warm the taco shells in the microwave until they are soft, then fill each one with some of the shredded chicken and some salsa fresco.
- Add the queso blanco or cheddar and arrange the tacos on a serving plate.
- Pour the remaining salsa fresco over them and sprinkle the parmesan on top. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Authentic Mexican chicken tacos make a beautiful dinner, served with homemade salsa and cheese. Perhaps you want to serve a Mexican salad on the side or some Spanish rice and refried beans to make it a whole meal. This delicious recipe is so easy to make and cooking the chicken with spices makes it succulent and juicy, as well as giving it an amazing flavor. The homemade salsa fresca used in the above authentic Mexican chicken tacos recipe is really delicious too because of the fresh ingredients. This is an extra special tacos recipe, which beats anything from a Mexican fast food restaurant hands-down.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (69406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (57640 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (38744 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (36804 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27092 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18221 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14701 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (13932 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11616 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10642 Views)