Basic Tex-Mex Ground Beef Tacos with Cheddar Cheese
Now if you are looking for a taco recipe with a long laundry list of strange and unusual ingredients that are completely out of the norm then look on this recipe isn’t for you. This is a recipe for someone that just wants a plain and simple homemade taco including the spicing. Then this is for you – your search is over. Now if you want to further simplify this recipe forget all the spices buy yourself a packet of taco seasoning follow the direction quick super simple tacos from bag to table in about twelve minutes or less.
On the other hand if those prepackaged spices are not your boat and you want to do it all from scratch then I give you the secret sauce so to speak. You can always adjust the chipotle chili powder and cayenne pepper if you’re not into heat more so the latter then the former. I know how hard as a working mom it can be to come up with simple meals to keep weeknight dinners interesting and how easy it seems just to pick up something from the store in a box but with a little guidance it really is easy to put nutritious meals that keep them asking for more on the table without exhausting you in the process.
One of the best ways is with simple Mexican inspired dishes like this now this is technically a Tex-Mex dish but it is the general category I am refereeing to. This dish has just a little prep and a bit of cooking but the kids will like it so much better than a box something. In fact have them help have one kid dice up the tomatoes and another grate the cheese while you do the skillet work and I bet you all hit the table about the same time and they will be proud they helped mommy get dinner done.
Making the kids part of simple dinner preparation is a great way to begin to teach them how to take care of themselves they will be on their own one day and they will appreciate the fact that they can take care of dinner when they are hungry. It is so expensive to eat out all the time and by giving them the power to feed themselves you are saving them money when they are first on their own and most likely don’t have a lot and it will be so nice to say I remember mom teaching me this. All my kids help around dinner time from my nineteen year old to the twelve year old twins and it really helps connect all of us.
- 12 Garden of Eatin' Yellow Corn Taco Shells
- 1½ pounds ground beef, 80% browned and drained
- 6 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- One bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- Start by heating a medium deep skillet to medium high and browning all the ground beef until it is completely browned, drain of the grease a colander makes easy work of this.
- Return it to the skillet once all the grease is drained and to this add your spices, tomato paste and the water and blend well and cook until most of the water has evaporated over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and assemble your tacos.
- Fill each taco shell about ⅔ of the way with meat then top with diced tomatoes, a sprinkling of green onion and top with some of the cheese.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa and or sour cream if desired.
- Put hot sauce on the table for the brave.
Now if you’re the sort that likes having a recipe for every dish that is ok I have covered you with this basic Tex-Mex ground beef taco recipe. This is the sort of recipe your kids would get at a school lunch no frills or unusual ingredients just a plain simple and to the point ground beef taco with the basic taco fixings. No need to worry about a strange ingredient you have never heard of before, now one thing you may want to add is a bit of shredded lettuce but that is completely optional these tacos stand on their own.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117388 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)