Succulent Shrimp Tacos with Mango
though, ensure your tacos are homemade. The best kind are made from scratch and then served immediately while they are still hot and fresh. Tacos are always satisfying whether you are enjoying them as street food, in a restaurant or enjoying the homemade kind, although it is hard to beat homemade tacos. The following recipe was written with seafood fans in mind, because here we are using juicy fresh shrimp. Use either small or medium shrimp.
Once your shrimp are peeled and deveined you need to cook them in a little oil, either canola or some kind of vegetable oil if you prefer, then add some cumin seeds to lend an authentic Mexican flavor to the seafood. Jalapeño, cilantro and mango goes in next, and they just need to be warmed through and combined with the shrimp, then your filling is ready. Because this is so quick to make, you will want to prepare all the ingredients before you even heat up the oil, then you will find it easy because you are more organized.
Corn tortillas are nice for making these tacos but if you prefer to use flour ones, go ahead. Ensure the tortillas are small because that is how tacos are traditionally served – not in the huge fajita ones. Because they are smaller, each person gets a couple of these tacos not just one. Add some kind of Spanish rice, salad or another favorite side dish, and you will have a complete meal. You will find the sweetness of the mango, succulent shrimp and earthy warm cumin flavor combine perfectly, especially when accented by the spicy jalapeño and zing of lime juice.
This is one of the best recipes to make with shrimp if you are in the mood for a south of the border treat. You can adapt the recipe if you want to use less or more jalapeño, or even use serrano peppers instead, or you might want to leave out the lettuce or add some avocado slices instead. If you usually order or make meat tacos, give this shrimp tacos recipe a try, for a refreshing change of pace, and see how all the flavors combine beautifully. You can make these from start to finish in less than 20 minutes if you are organized because shrimp cooks so quick.
- 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 minced large jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lightly toasted, ground cumin seeds
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 peeled, seeded, chopped mango
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a skillet over a moderate to high heat then add the oil.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and grind in a little salt.
- Sauté the shrimp for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cumin and cook for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Add the jalapeño, cilantro and mango and cook for a minute, stirring all the time.
- Add the lime juice then take the pan off the heat and add more salt if needed.
- Wrap the tortillas in a towel and microwave for 30 seconds or until warm.
- Put a lettuce leave on each tortilla, then divide the shrimp mixture between the tortillas and serve right away.
This colorful, aromatic treat is something everyone will love. Juicy shrimp pair with mango, jalapeño, lime and other Mexican ingredients, and this mixture is served in warmed tortillas. This is how to make tacos traditional Mexican style, and you can cook the shrimp mixture in a skillet or even thread them on to skewers and cook them on the grill if you have it fired up. These make a change from beef or pork tacos, and the shrimp combines so nicely with the juicy mango to bring you something that contrasts sweet fruit with spicy chili. These are quick and easy to prepare, and the flavor is phenomenal.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17659 Views)