Tex-Mex Spicy Beef Tacos with Sour Cream Sauce
This taco recipe is like a bowl of Mexican chili in a shell almost it has corn and kidney beans to give it a bit more in the way of fill you up power. Now this recipe is for 12 tacos but you could easily double it if you have a big or hungry or a big hungry family. I usually have both and with four kids tacos go quick in my house but I know not everyone has a bobsled team, lol.
All joking aside this recipe is really filling and it is a bit different then the basic taco recipe which is normally just the ground meat on its own but as the mom of four boys I am always trying to stretch the food budget and make sure an hour after dinner they are not raiding the kitchen again for the second course. I very rarely have that problem as I delivery filling guy kind of food the first round every time if possible.
No vegetarian recipe in this one it is pure carnivore food and that is the way my guys like it fill me up mom. Being in the food business there are always big expectations for dinner in my house and usually I get it more right than wrong which is a good thing or I would have a mutiny on my hands. I also tried to make this a very easy recipe for a busy working mom and that is why I use the prepackaged taco seasoning normal I would opt for the long approach of the individual herbs and spices but I wanted to streamline this for a mom that is running late and needs food on the table like five minutes ago so this was a compromise in that department.
Just because I work at home people think awe that must be nice you have so much freedom and time on your hands but balancing family, multiple websites and dealing with MS are a handful all I have is a short commute I still have all the pressure that any working mom has for balancing household duties, family and carrier and the fact is it is actual more pressure not less see at work you mess up you may get a reprimand me I see it on the bottom-line and it hits my wallet so it is more real in that respect, not less. People have very misguided impression of owning your own business it is often more work and not less and a whole lot more responsibility.
- 12 Garden of Eatin' Yellow Corn Taco Shells
- 1½ pounds ground beef 80% lean
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ a yellow onion, diced
- 1 15.25oz can Del Monte Fiesta Corn
- 115 Ounce Cans Westbrae Natural Organic Kidney Beans,
- 1 pack 1.4 Ounce Bearitos Taco Seasoning
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 pound Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Sour cream sauce
- In a medium skillet heat a bit of your favorite oil or butter and sauté the onions over a medium heat for five minutes add the garlic and cook two minutes more.
- Turn the heat up a bit and add the grown beef and brown it completely, drain the excess grease before adding the corn and beans then mix the taco seasoning per the directions and add it to the pan and complete according to the directions.
- Place the taco shells on a baking sheet and bake for two minutes to crisp them in a 375 degree F oven.
- Remove from heat and start to assemble your tacos.
- Take a taco shell and place a small amount of cheese down the center top with meat mixture and then a bit of shred lettuce and a bit of the sour cream finish with a few of the tomatoes and serve with lime wedges (optional).
The main difference between Mexican tacos and Tex-Mex ones is the type of tortilla shell used the Mexican ones are softer and fold around the taco as where the Tex-Mex ones are harder and have like a u-shaped bottom to hold the fillings. Also Tex-Mex ones are going to be a bit hotter these are on the mild side so you may want to give them a shot of hot sauce to zip them up a bit if you like them spicy. Sorry I had the kids in mind with this recipe and they’re not fond of real hot.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119402 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63207 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45758 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34620 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23427 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18948 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17647 Views)