Tex-Mex Pulled Pork Tacos
Pulled pork is as recognizable down south as Coronial Sanders is. It has long been a favorite on the barbecue circuit and is a perennial favorite in many a southern food stop. Among the best know for their barbecued pork are Texas and it s no secret that these recipes are as secret as any national secret could think of being. In Texas there is a huge Mexican influence in cooking also and in this recipe I marry the Mexican flavor of a taco with a crockpot pulled pork to make a Tex-Mex taco just chockfull of flavor that is sure to have them asking for seconds so you better make more.
One of the reasons I expanded away from the original site on Mexican cuisine and am in the process of adding not only a Tex-Mex category full of your favorites from north of the Rio Grande but also treats from Southern California, is there is just too much good food to pass up. It all has similar roots and as chefs migrate either way these dishes take on a whole culture of their own. For me food is about taste doesn’t matter what you call it does it taste good period end of story. It is just snobbishness to eliminate any food just because it has been adapted to from some ancient preconceived notion of what it should now be.
As I grew with this site which is a merger of my two former Mexican food sites savory and one sweet I began to realize cuisine is forever growing and evolving and if someone makes something good tasting I want to bring it to my readers. Let them decide what to call it as if that matters and let them decide hey that was dam good. It is like tasting food with a blind fold on you only have the smell and taste to judge it by not a name or a notion that hey that is not blank.
This is such a recipe pulled pork is really more of a barbecue circuit thing or southern kind of dish but heck why not serve it in a taco. Why not put some delicious feta cheese on it and then just so you think it might be Mexican a sprig of fresh cilantro to top it off close your eyes and let your taste buds decide what to call it good or not – not this side of the border or that. It is like any other form of prejudice it is just wrong to judge anything by a name. So judge our new Tex-Mex category by yum or not.
- Follow this recipe: Classic BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- 8 hard corn taco shells
- Follow recipe on our sister site
- Fill the taco shells with an ample amount of the pulled pork.
- Top this with a covering of the feta cheese.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve warm.
One of the beautiful things about this recipe is it is packed full of meat and is a real breeze to make with the use of my crockpot pulled pork recipe as the bases for these Tex-Mex tacos. It is no secret in Texas they love their pulled pork and they also love Tex-Mex cuisine so why not combine the two together and end up with this full flavored pulled pork taco recipe. It needs only a handful of things to make once you have the pulled pork so almost any taco fan should have most things on hand. You could even make the pulled pork ahead of time and freeze some of it for when you’re in the mood for tacos.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)