5-Minute 5-Step Guacamole
Do you like guacamole? If so, you might already know how to make this delicious Mexican condiment. If not, read on and discover how to throw together your own wonderful tasting guacamole in just a few minutes. Our recipe includes avocado, red onion and tomato as the main ingredients, and then we are adding garlic and lime juice for flavor. Throw in a little hot sauce and/or cilantro too if you want. Perhaps you do not have any lime, which is fine because lemon juice would also work perfectly in this simple 5-minute guacamole recipe.
Making this could not be any easier. Once you have gathered together your ingredients, all you need to do is mash them together, adding the hot sauce, salt and pepper at the end so you can control the final flavor. Use a fork or knife to mash the ingredients against the sides of the bowl. Some people like a very coarse, chunky texture while others mash for longer, to get a finer consistency. Some people even throw the ingredients into the blender for a smooth texture, but we prefer the guacamole a bit chunky for a rustic feel. It is of course up to you, since it is your dish.
Homemade guacamole can be spooned on top of anything from a fish filet to a burger or even grilled chicken, and if you keep it chunky you will find it easier to scoop up if served as a dip. This is quite a basic guacamole recipe, and exactly how Mexican cooks make it, but if you wanted to experiment with the guacamole, you might like to tweak the ingredients. Some people like to add a pinch of cayenne pepper instead of the hot pepper sauce, for a similar effect, while others might use minced serrano chilies. You might like to add tomatillo instead of tomato, or parsley in place of cilantro.
This recipe is so easy to make in large quantities, so if you are having a party or event, you might want to make a big batch of it. The addition of lime juice stops the avocado turning brown through oxidization, so you can make this a few hours ahead. Just keep it in a nonreactive container, covered in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator. Homemade guacamole is a firm favorite in many households because it is so quick and easy to prepare and because it goes with everything. Enjoy it with tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, grilled meat or fish, or even as a tasty dip.
- 4 diced ripe Haas avocados
- 1 seeded, diced tomato
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 diced small red onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (optional)
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Gather together all your ingredients and grab a mixing bowl and fork.
- Scoop the avocados, tomato, garlic and onion into the bowl.
- Use a fork to mash and mix the ingredients together.
- Add the cilantro (if using), squeeze in the lime juice, and add hot sauce, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Finish mixing the ingredients until everything is well blended, and you have the consistency you want.
Ranging from mild to spicy, smooth to chunky, and boasting all kinds of wonderful flavors which work in harmony together, homemade guacamole is one of the best things you can make in 5 minutes in your kitchen. This combination of avocado, red onion and tomato is spiced up with hot sauce, lime juice, garlic, and perhaps some cilantro too if you like, and you will love the pure, fresh flavors it offers. Served as a dip, condiment, sauce, or side dish, avocado pairs beautifully with all kinds of Mexican recipes, and our recipe can be made in just 5 minutes and 5 simple steps.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63217 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17661 Views)