An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe
This pico de gallo recipe is the same recipe that is made in thousands of Mexican households every day. Pico de gallo is a beautiful and aromatic Mexican condiment, which is served with fajitas or tacos, as well as with nachos, tortillas and even with Mexican salad recipes.
This is the basic pico de gallo recipe but you can adjust the chili level if you want to. Pico de gallo can be compared to a salsa but it is less liquid, which means you, can eat it with a toothpick or with your fingers. It is made with salad vegetables, chili, and limejuice for a fresh flavor. The onion and tomatoes form the base of this pico de gallo recipe and the other ingredients add flavor to it.
Pico de gallo is just as versatile as salsa and you might prefer this on sandwiches because it will not make them soggy like salsa will if you make the sandwiches in advance. Pico de gallo is best eaten the same day but it does keep for a day in the refrigerator if you have any left over. Feel free to use more cilantro if you like the flavor because it goes so nicely with the fresh-flavored ingredients in this pico de gallo recipe.
You are sure to find a lot of dishes to serve this with, and not just Mexican ones either. Because this is basically a combination of fresh salad ingredients, spiced with lime and jalapeño, you will find it goes nicely with everything from a cheese salad sandwich to a deli meat platter or you could even serve some alongside a baked potato or some grilled fish.
A food processor is very useful for making this. Even though you can finely dice the ingredients by hand, using a food processor takes a few seconds rather than a few minutes, and saves lots of time, especially if you plan on making lots of pico de gallo at once.
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 or 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon limejuice
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for an hour.
This appetizing and colorful Mexican food recipe looks really good in the picture and you can see how the colors and textures go together. Use good quality onions, ripe tomatoes, and this pico de gallo will have a perfect flavor. This pico de gallo is similar to the dip you sometimes get with poppadoms in Indian restaurants, although that would not have the limejuice or cilantro in it, which is so typically Mexican. Pico de gallo is very popular in Mexico because it goes with so many dishes and because it is so quick and easy to put together.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
One Response to An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Dessert Sopapilla Recipe January 24, 2015
- Some Authentic Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Some Traditional Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Types of Salsa January 24, 2015
- Fried Cinnamon Mexican Dessert with Lime Sauce January 23, 2015
- Sweet Meets Savory Corn Dessert Muffins January 22, 2015
- 6-Ingredient Breakfast Burritos January 21, 2015
- Baked Mixed Bean Quesadillas January 19, 2015
- Mexican Dessert Cheesecake with Orange December 21, 2014
- Best Taco Salad Recipe Ever December 8, 2014
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (110572 Views)
- Home (99002 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (59886 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44182 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32878 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (27865 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (22398 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22052 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17533 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15183 Views)