An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe
This pico de gallo recipe is the same recipe that is made in thousands of Mexican households every day. Pico de gallo is a beautiful and aromatic Mexican condiment, which is served with fajitas or tacos, as well as with nachos, tortillas and even with Mexican salad recipes.
This is the basic pico de gallo recipe but you can adjust the chili level if you want to. Pico de gallo can be compared to a salsa but it is less liquid, which means you, can eat it with a toothpick or with your fingers. It is made with salad vegetables, chili, and limejuice for a fresh flavor. The onion and tomatoes form the base of this pico de gallo recipe and the other ingredients add flavor to it.
Pico de gallo is just as versatile as salsa and you might prefer this on sandwiches because it will not make them soggy like salsa will if you make the sandwiches in advance. Pico de gallo is best eaten the same day but it does keep for a day in the refrigerator if you have any left over. Feel free to use more cilantro if you like the flavor because it goes so nicely with the fresh-flavored ingredients in this pico de gallo recipe.
Fresh Mexican Pico de Gallo
Summary: coming soon
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 or 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon limejuice
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for an hour.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: Mexican
This appetizing and colorful Mexican food recipe looks really good in the picture and you can see how the colors and textures go together. Use good quality onions, ripe tomatoes, and this pico de gallo will have a perfect flavor. This pico de gallo is similar to the dip you sometimes get with poppadoms in Indian restaurants, although that would not have the limejuice or cilantro in it, which is so typically Mexican. Pico de gallo is very popular in Mexico because it goes with so many dishes and because it is so quick and easy to put together.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79407 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (70056 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44500 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40630 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29348 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20689 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17801 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14925 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13262 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12776 Views)