Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo with Avocado
“Pico de gallo” is Spanish for “rooster’s beak” and it is a popular Mexican food. So, what is pico de gallo exactly? This tasty, fresh salad is usually made from onion, tomato, and chili. Lime juice, bell peppers, avocado, cucumber and cilantro are added to some pico de gallo recipes to give them a traditional Mexican flavor and because these different tastes work nicely with one another.
Pico de gallo is so easy to prepare and you can try a few different recipes for pico de gallo until you discover the one you enjoy the most. Each one is slightly different and some might contain avocado, fruit, or other tasty ingredients. The avocado in this one though works so well because its soft creaminess is wonderful with the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and other ingredients. It also looks very good.
The following pico de gallo recipe is the perfect combination of flavors and there is plenty of creamy avocado to contrast nicely. You can serve it with flour tortillas to make vegetarian wraps, nachos, or chips for dipping or as an accompaniment to grilled fish. Feel free to alter the Tabasco amount and make it milder or hotter.
Avocado Pico de Gallo
Summary: coming soon
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon limejuice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 avocado, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Parsley to garnish
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine everything in a medium bowl and toss.
- Put the pico de gallo in a serving bowl and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
You can see in the picture how colorful and appetizing this authentic Mexican pico de gallo with avocado looks. Imagine dipping some bread or tortilla chips into that cool, creamy mixture. The flavor of this will definitely not let you down. Pico de gallo can be served alongside your favorite Mexican dishes, on a buffet table to go with anything else on there or even as an accompaniment for a salad or something similar. When it comes to easy Mexican recipes pico de gallo is one of the most easy Mexican recipes as well as one of the most flavorful and typically Mexican.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79013 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (69386 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44134 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40509 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29227 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20540 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17636 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14826 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13111 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12688 Views)