Authentic Mexican Salsa Recipe
This recipe is one of the most fun and simple Mexican food recipes to make and can be used as a cooking ingredient or a dip. It also keeps for a week in the refrigerator so you can double the recipe if it is going to be used. This authentic Mexican salsa recipe combines tomatoes, garlic, and oil with oregano and salt. A lot of store bought salsa recipes contain preservatives and other chemicals but when you make your own you know it will be healthy and pure.
There are so many different authentic Mexican salsa recipes to choose from but very often the most simple ones are the best and you will enjoy this authentic Mexican salsa recipe with oregano and garlic.
You can adjust the amount of jalapeño peppers used, depending on whether you prefer a mild or hot salsa. Homemade authentic Mexican salsa recipes are always preferable to store-bought because they contain only natural ingredients and no artificial additives or chemical preservatives. You can use fresh tomatoes in this authentic Mexican salsa recipe if you prefer but you need to peel them first. The easiest way to do that would be to plunge them into boiling water for a minute and then into ice water. The skin will come off easily.
This has to be one of the simplest Mexican salsa recipes of all, especially because you are using canned tomatoes rather than having to finely dice fresh ones. The garlic can be dried or fresh minced, and you can use either extra-virgin olive oil (recommended) or regular olive oil.
A pinch of dried oregano works here, or you could use fresh for a lighter flavor. You only have to blend these ingredients together to make the salsa and, even though you are using canned tomatoes here rather than fresh ones, you will find the finished salsa offers a ‘fresh’ flavor you simply do not get from the readymade kind you can get from the grocery store.
- 16 oz canned tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Blend everything together.
- Add more seasoning if required.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro and ½ cup of diced onion.
- Pour this mixture into an airtight jar and chill it until needed.
The easiest tomato salsa recipe can be made from scratch in as few as 5 minutes, so this is the perfect recipe to bookmark if you are in a hurry and craving a nice homemade dip for your chips. Although salsa is often associated with chips, it is a versatile condiment, and you can use it instead of ketchup, put some on your cheeseburger, add it to Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes like tacos or fajitas, enjoy it as part of a buffet, or find brand new uses for it. This is an economical recipe to make if you are expecting a crowd too. Pair it with a few large bags of tortilla chips, for an appetizer everyone will love.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117388 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)