Autumn Green Cherry Tomato Salsa
When autumn starts setting in, those of us who garden are often left with fruits and vegetables, which have not quite become fully ripe yet before the risk of hard frosts loom. Cherry tomatoes are especially at risk of being lost to early frosts; these prolific producers often continue to set fruit even as the temperatures start to dip dangerously close to freezing.
So what are you to do with that bumper crop of cherry tomatoes when it is almost too late for them to stay out of doors? There are a few recipes for green tomatoes and some of your green cherry tomatoes will undoubtedly ripen on the countertop if brought inside, albeit slowly, you are probably looking for ways to make the best of what is left from your garden.
Green cherry tomato salsa is one of the best ways to make sure that these tomatoes do not go to waste with a recipe, which is so good that you will wish you had been picking unripe cherry tomatoes all summer long. The flavor of green cherry tomatoes is somewhat like that of the tomatillos that green salsas are made from, so if you enjoy salsa verde, then you are sure to love this amazing cherry tomato salsa recipe.
This recipe is both simple to make and tasty, featuring all the ingredients you would expect to find in a salsa recipe except swapping the tomatoes for cherry tomatoes, and adding a splash of vinegar to contrast with the sweetness in the dish. All you need to do is chop and combine the ingredients, and your salsa is all ready to serve, although it benefits from a few hours in the refrigerator to mellow out the flavors.
Using cherry tomatoes might not be something you have considered before when making salsa, but their flavor and texture really does work in here, and if you do have plenty of them to use up, this is the ideal thing to make.
- 4 cups green cherry tomatoes
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 3 whole Serrano peppers or 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- Salt, to taste
- There is nothing easier than making green cherry tomato salsa. Start by quartering the cherry tomatoes and placing them in a bowl.
- Mince the garlic, cilantro, peppers, and onion and add to the tomatoes, followed by the lime juice and vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavor of this green cherry tomato salsa recipe to develop.
This aromatic green cherry tomato salsa offers a wonderful flavor, fresh just like any other homemade salsa recipe, and delicious just like any other example of Mexican food. Salsa is something made in homes all over Mexico every day. It is so simple to put together and the colorful look of this salsa makes everyone want to try some. The photo shows green tomatoes on the vine. If you are growing these then pick them early, before they turn red, and you can use them to make this lovely green cherry tomato salsa.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117391 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)