Canning Peach Salsa
Sometimes you can almost have too much of a good thing. Take peaches for an example. During the late summer when peaches are in season, they are cheap and abundant at groceries, produce stands, and farmer’s markets all over.
Granted, there are plenty of recipes out there, which use peaches, largely desserts. Of course, plenty of peaches are eaten out of hand as well – but what if you are feeling in a bit of a rut with the traditional uses for these summer fruits?
Salsa is the answer and with this canning peach salsa recipe, you will be able to enjoy the flavor of perfect summer peaches all fall and winter long. For the purposes of this recipe, we will assume that you are familiar with canning and will have already prepared your jars and lids to store your peach salsa.
Making this is very simple. The ingredients are boiled in a pan to blend the flavors, soften the peaches, and bring out all the wonderful Mexican taste in this dish. As well as the peaches, this recipe includes onion, chilies, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and lime, for a distinctive south of the border taste.
Once your ingredients are well blended, it is time to can the mixture. Finally you will have a nice big batch of canned peach salsa which you can store, give to friends and family members, or keep well into the wintertime whenever you feel the need to enjoy this summertime flavor. Have it with fish or seafood, or serve it with Ritz crackers or your favorite chips, and you will really love it.
- 4 cups fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 jalapeno peppers, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Peel and chop the peaches and chop and measure out all of your other ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly throughout the process to avoid burning.
- Boil for one minute and remove from heat, continuing to stir for another five minutes before canning.
- When it comes to canning, this is a particularly easy recipe to make.
- The number of ingredients is relatively small, as is the amount of prep time needed for this canning peach salsa.
- Once you have your canning jars ready to go, you can have your salsa prepared and canned in as little as fifteen minutes.
- Store in a clean, dry, dark place and enjoy this sweet and spicy taste of summer anytime the mood strikes – which with peach salsa as good as this will be often.
Canned peach salsa is really tasty, and once you taste this you will want to make batches of it regularly. The photo shows what the finished salsa is going to look like if you add red chilies to the mix. Green ones will also work. This makes an unusual gift and will show off your prowess as a great home cook. Featuring wonderful Mexican ingredients, this recipe can be served with poached halibut, like in the photo, or you can serve it with tuna, swordfish or another kind of seafood, or even chicken or pork. Like any other salsa recipe, this is also great with chips.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)