Cherry Tomato Salsa
Cherry tomatoes are great for salads, snacking and occasionally, served as a topping for pasta along with some fresh garlic and basil. However, that is not all that these small variants of the garden-variety tomato can be used for.
Even though the cherry tomato is a relatively recent introduction to the botanical and culinary worlds (they were first cultivated in the early 1970s), a variety of uses have already been found for these slightly sweet little gems.
This salsa allows the flavor of just picked cherry tomatoes and jalapeno peppers to really shine. Especially if you happen to grow both in your garden as many people do, you can pick both the tomatoes and peppers just before preparing this cherry tomato salsa to enjoy them at the very peak of flavor; and if you grow cilantro as well, all the better. Tomatoes truly do not get much better than this.
This recipe is very simple to the classic salsa recipe because it combines tomatoes with onion, cilantro, lime and chilies, but the only difference is the larger tomatoes are going to be swapped for cherry tomatoes. This is the perfect recipe to make if you have a lot of cherry tomatoes to use up and you cannot face another cherry tomato salad. These lovely little vegetables (well, fruits technically) combine very well with the other ingredients in this dish, making it attractive as well as flavorful.
You will find brand new uses for salsa as soon as you have made a homemade version of it. The kind you get from the store is alright for dipping chips into, but if you want to serve something fresh with your south of the border dish and enjoy a fresh flavor from the entire meal, make this salsa and you will not regret it.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered (halved if they are very small)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped fine
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- The only thing easier than enjoying this cherry tomato salsa is making it! Simply quarter or halve (depending on their size) the cherry tomatoes, mince the jalapeno and chop the cilantro and onion and combine in a bowl with lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and refrigerate for an hour or two before serving if possible.
- While the salsa will develop more flavor if allowed to rest in the refrigerator, if you just cannot wait to enjoy the bounty of your garden, and then have some right away – we will not tell.
- This simple cherry tomato salsa is absolutely amazing eaten immediately or allowed to sit overnight; it is all up to you and your patience.
Cherry tomato salsa is a novel and unique dish, suitable as a condiment with pork, beef, chicken or any other kind of meat. In the photo you can see the main ingredients used to make this recipe – the halved cherry tomato, the lime which you squeeze for its juice, and some cilantro too. Add the red onion and chili pepper and you have all the makings of this wonderful salsa. Absolutely anybody can put this delicious dish together. You do not need any specific skills, just the ingredients, a sharp knife and an idea what you are going to serve it with.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)