Classic Fresh Tomato, Onion, and Cilantro Salsa
Salsa does not need to be complicated; in fact, the simplicity of salsa is one of the things, which have made it so popular. It is not a fussy kind of condiment and it goes well with almost anything, at least as far as enthusiasts are concerned.
Salsa is also easy to make and takes very little time in the kitchen to prepare a batch. Some of the best salsas are the very simplest, like this classic tomato onion cilantro salsa. It has everything you really need from a salsa: a canvas of fresh tomato flavor for the flavors of the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime to play off of. It is not complicated, but it is definitely one of those things that everyone should know how to make.
You can prepare this tomato onion cilantro recipe in a matter of minutes and either serve it at once or allow it to rest in the refrigerator for an hour or two to deepen its flavors. There is no wrong way to enjoy this salsa, though; that is the beauty of salsa in the first place.
The fresher your ingredients for the salsa, the better the end result is going to be. Big juicy tomatoes, a tasty onion, aromatic cilantro, and a chili pepper combine with lime juice, and all these ingredients should be fresh if you want the very best result.
Making this is just a question of blending those ingredients together, so anybody can master salsa and make it as well as a Mexican cook who has been making it all their life. Once you have made this from scratch you will wonder why you never made it before, and you will not want to buy readymade salsa again. The fresh taste of this is just incredible, and it is versatile to be served with all kinds of dishes.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 small onion (white, yellow or red), diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped finely
- ½ – 1 Serrano or jalapeno pepper (use more or less according to taste)
- Juice of one lime.
- Salt, to taste
- This recipe is simplicity itself; simply chop your tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and peppers and add them to a bowl.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and add salt, a pinch at a time, stirring and tasting until you are happy with it.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two or serve at once with chips, tortillas or anything else you like to put salsa on and enjoy!
Colorful and appetizing, this classic salsa recipe boasts plenty of aroma and amazing taste. Some of the very best salsa recipes are the ones with the fewest ingredients, combining typical Mexican flavors in the form of tomatoes, onions, chili, lime and cilantro, for an unbeatable flavor. Making this is simply a question of chopping and combining the ingredients and then you can leave it to sit overnight so the flavors can mellow out, before serving this lovely salsa with your favorite Mexican dishes. Easy to make and versatile, salsa is one of the best things you can make, and it is well worth familiarizing yourself with the best Mexican recipes.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)