Delicious Black Bean and Mandarin Orange Salsa Recipe
Most black bean salsas include corn in the recipe, both for flavor and color contrast. This one, however, uses sweet mandarin oranges. The salsa is attractive to look at and it tastes delightful. The sweetness of the oranges goes nicely with the saltiness of the beans. The other ingredients do their part to add to the flavor party as all the ingredients marinate together. Serve this salsa with chips, fish, chicken, or pork for a fabulous meal. It also goes well with barbecue or roasted meat.
This salsa needs to marinate for a few hours before serving. You can easily make it ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerator until you need it. Take it along when tail-gating or attending a potluck. This recipe is pretty stable and can take travel well. You will be amazed at how quickly the salsa is eaten! Be sure to bring enough so everyone can enjoy it.
This salsa recipe can also be served as a side dish. A bite of the salsa can go along with rice or refried beans to add flavor and texture to the other dish. Unlike many fruit salsas, this one will hold up for a couple days, so make a big batch and enjoy it. Once you have tried this black bean and mandarin orange salsa recipe, you may feel more confident about experimenting on your own with other salsa recipes. There is no reason to be constrained by tradition; try new flavor combinations and see where it leads you.
If you are keen on trying brand new flavors and experimenting with different tastes, all under the umbrella of Mexican (and perhaps also Tex-Mex) cuisine, this recipe might well appeal to your imagination. The black beans, red bell pepper and cilantro are ingredients you will find in many salsa recipes but the mandarin orange segments are not.
Mango and sometimes pineapple find their way into salsa recipes, especially when they are going to be served alongside fish or chicken, so why not try mandarin orange for a totally different flavor? We have tried this recipe out and can promise you the flavor is really nice.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, and drained
- 1 sweet red pepper, roasted and sliced
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Drain the oranges, saving ⅓ cup of the juice.
- Mix the orange sections, beans, red pepper, and cilantro in a big bowl.
- Whisk the juice from the oranges, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour over the contents of the big bowl and toss well to mix.
- Let marinate for a few hours before serving.
Mandarin orange and black bean salsa is a versatile recipe which could be served alongside your favorite Mexican recipe such as tacos or a burrito, spooned on top of a fish burger, or served with plain chips as an unusual dipping sauce. This recipe shows you how to make this fruity, sweet salsa. All you need to do is prepare your ingredients, like the chef in the photo is doing, and then combine everything and let it marinate for a while, to intensify the flavors.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119368 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117271 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63135 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45700 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34554 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30321 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24064 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23379 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18887 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17522 Views)