Delicious Mango & Corn Salsa Recipe
Mango goes well with corn. This salsa recipe brings them together in a spicy dish that is sure to please. You can serve this mango and corn salsa recipe with chips, tacos, fish, pork, chicken or anything else that comes to mind. You could also sit and eat it with a spoon if you are so inclined. It is tasty and delicious. If you like things a bit spicy, you will love this colorful salsa. The Serrano peppers give this dish a bit of a kick that you will enjoy.
Mangos are exotic. They are bright. They are available all year long. Why not make the most of this delicious tropical fruit? Mangos are full of vitamins C and A. They support a healthy immune system, good vision and strong bone growth. They provide fiber that can keep your digestive system working well and can help lower your cholesterol. Making a salsa containing mangos is a great tasting way to work this fruit into your meals. Your kids will love them and not even notice how good they are for their health. You will be amazed at how many foods go well with mangos when you make this salsa.
Choose mangos that have a slight give when you grip them. If you want to eat it the same day, choose one that is slightly soft. Firmer mangos work well if you plan to eat them later in the week. They will ripen at room temperature. Once ripe, they can be kept in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Just like with many other salsa recipes, putting this one together is largely a question of preparing and combining the ingredients. In this recipe you will also need to puree some of the ingredients in a food processor to change the consistency of the salsa. The peppers and onion go in there along with some of the cilantro and tomatoes, then oil and vinegar are mixed into this mixture, and it is pureed until smooth.
The remaining cilantro and tomatoes are then added to the puree mixture, along with mango, bell pepper and corn, and some sugar and cumin for added flavor. This is a chunky salsa but also one with plenty of liquid because of the pureeing, making it just as good as a dipping sauce as something for topping tacos, fajitas or burgers.
- 3 Serrano peppers
- ¼ cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stems from the peppers and place the Serranos, the red onion, half of the cilantro and half of the tomatoes into a food processor.
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour in the olive oil and rice vinegar and pulse until smooth.
- Mix together the remaining cilantro, tomatoes, mango, green bell pepper, corn, cumin, and sugar in a bowl. Stir in the mixture from the food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the salsa for an hour before serving.
Mango and corn salsa is not just ideal for dipping chips, but it is also a worthy topping for tacos. Just look at how delicious these tacos are in this photo, then consider how they would look without the salsa on top. The bright colors of the mango, corn and cilantro add plenty of visual appeal to the dish, and you do not have to stick to tacos either. Try some of this mango corn salsa on top of a burger or served alongside enchiladas. It would also be nice added to a humble cheese sandwich to add a Mexican twist to the flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)