Family Favorite Summer Strawberry Salsa Recipe
There are plenty of salsa recipes out there, which call for a sweet ingredient to provide a counterpoint to the heat of the jalapenos or other hot peppers in the recipe as well as to the tart acidity of tomatoes and citrus. These sweet ingredients tend to be fruit, generally tropical fruits like mangoes or pineapples, both of which have found a warm welcome from salsa lovers.
These are of course not the only fruits, which can fit comfortably into this spicy condiment, however. As it happens, strawberries make a great addition to traditional salsa where their sweetness and flavor offer a very special spin on conventional tomato-based salsas.
This strawberry salsa recipe lets strawberries and tomatoes share center stage, with each ingredient being present in roughly equal proportions. Also featuring jalapenos, garlic and lime in supporting roles, this is a salsa which you’ll find yourself and your family enjoying almost anywhere you would normally use salsa; and perhaps even a few places that you wouldn’t usually think to add salsa.
Freshness is key when it comes to making authentic Mexican dishes, and this recipe combines various fresh ingredients like strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, garlic and lime juice, all of which are fresh. Not only does this mean a lovely colorful result, but it means a mixture of aromatic flavors working in harmony. In addition to those ingredients you just need a pinch of salt to finish the salsa off perfectly.
Unlike many kinds of salsa recipes which develop better, smoother flavors the more days they sit in the refrigerator, this one is best eaten the same day, because the strawberries will get mushy if you leave the salsa in the refrigerator too long. Combining sweet with spicy, this is an amazing experience for your palate.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 jalapeno or Serrano peppers, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- A pinch of salt
- Slice the strawberries and chop the tomatoes, peppers, and garlic.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
- This may be an easy recipe and given how good it is, it is tempting to double or triple the recipe, but a word of advice is in order here: do not.
- Unless you have a large family or you are making this salsa for a party, you should not make more than you’ll use in a day; this recipe is a winner, but it doesn’t keep terribly well, so make only what you need at the moment.
- This strawberry salsa recipe is easy enough that you can quickly whip up a batch whenever needed, so it is not necessary to make a large amount at one time.
- Serve and enjoy – and get ready to be asked for your recipe!
This unusual strawberry salsa combines a range of fresh produce items for an outstanding result. The bright red hues you can see in the photo show you how much visual appeal this dish offers. Make it as the recipe states, or throw in some minced basil if you want. That would also work here. This is great served with melba toast or simple crackers, or you could serve it with pork, chicken or fish, as a novel condiment. If you usually make the same tomato salsa, why not try this recipe for size, and discover something brand new?
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117384 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30369 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18950 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)