Fresh Peach Mango Salsa
This is an authentic Mexican salsa recipe and it combines garlic, oil, tomatoes, and delicious spices. If you are a fan of Mexican salsas you will love the sweetness of this one combined with the savory flavors. This is a very simple Mexican food recipe and you can use this mango salsa as a dip or as an ingredient for cooking. It is also good with salads or with Mexican spiced grilled fish.
Feel free to adjust the chili pepper level, depending whether you are looking for a mild salsa recipe or a fiery one. Homemade salsa recipes like this one taste much fresher than those you buy from the store and you can adjust the flavor any way you want. Fresh tomatoes give this mango salsa recipe a wonderful flavor although you could use canned ones if that is all you have. If you are using fresh tomatoes, you will have to peel them. If you use canned tomatoes, make sure you drain them well.
The great thing about making homemade Mexican salsa recipes is that you often just have to combine the ingredients and nothing more, making them really simple to make. Also fresh produce works out much cheaper than buying store bought salsa, so you are saving money and making something delicious and nutritious.
Salsas vary from the savory and fiery hot to the sweet and mild, and this one could be described as somewhere between those 2 extremes, since it offers mango and peach to offer lovely, soft fruity sweetness, but there are also a couple of jalapeños in there to give it a kick.
These contrasting flavors work very nicely in this recipe, so you end up with something offering not only a nice array of tastes but also something colorful and appetizing, plus you get the benefit of all the vitamins and minerals found not only in the vegetables but also in the fruits, making this a winning salsa for all kinds of reasons. However you choose to serve this, whether you have it with chips or crudités, or if you prefer to have it alongside fish or chicken, you will love how the sweet, spicy and tangy flavors combine for a refreshing and delicious result.
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ cup mango flesh, chopped
- ¾ cup peach flesh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- Mix all the ingredients together, then cover the bowl and chill the mango salsa.
- Serve it with tortilla chips, crackers, in a fish or chicken sandwich or as an accompaniment for a Mexican salad.
Peach and mango salsa is spiced up with some jalapeño and this mixture is made even more colorful by adding tomato, yellow peppers and cilantro. The photo shows this salsa being served alongside a juicy piece of fried skate, and salsa is always a lovely accompaniment with fish, whether you are serving something meaty such as skate, cod or monkfish, or something a little more delicate such as halibut, sole or langoustines. Combining fruit with spice is typically Mexican, and this south of the border style pairing works incredibly well, especially when the end result is a fine salsa.
One Response to Fresh Peach Mango Salsa
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)