Fresh Tomato and Avocado Salsa
This delightful fresh tomato and avocado salsa will change your life, especially if you are trying to diet. Even if you are not on a diet, you will love this recipe. Full of color and flavor, this recipe literally transforms whatever you serve with it. Sure, you can sit down with a bag of tortilla chips and enjoy a bowl of this delicious, low fat salsa. But why stop there? This delicious tomato and avocado salsa has so much more to offer.
Next time you cook up a boneless chicken breast, top it with tomato and avocado salsa. Your chicken will take on a whole new life as a tasty, delicious meal that gives you all your veggies. You can put it on a burger, a steak, or sliced turkey. Eat some with a lamb shank or you can use it to top off a delicious grilled fish filet. It is great on halibut or tilapia. It makes everything look festive and delicious. For only 100 extra calories, you can get a delicious topping that makes every meal special. The best thing about those calories is that every one of them is packed with nutrition.
If you do not care for meat, try using this salsa to top off your rice. You can nestle it into a lettuce leaf and make it into a salad. You can even stuff it into a tortilla or pita bread. If you cannot find grape tomatoes, you can use cherry tomatoes or even cut up a large tomato into bite size pieces. If you do not care for cilantro, substitute parsley. If you do not care for peppers, leave it out. The beauty of this recipe is it is totally versatile. Keep the ingredients for this delicious salsa on hand so you can whip it up at a moment’s notice. It only takes a few minutes and you have a side dish and condiment rolled into one.
Making this salsa is no more difficult than making any other salsa recipe, which means it is easy. All you need to do is gather your tomato, avocado, onion, jalapeño, and lime, and there you have the makings of a wonderful dip. Combine these ingredients and season them, and then you can either serve it right away or let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for a while so all those flavors can mingle and mix.
This recipes is very quick to make and most of the time will be spent chopping, although use a good sharp knife and that should not take long either. Fresh-tasting and colorful, this salsa will be the highlight of your meal, whatever that dish may be.
- 1-½ cups grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 avocado, diced small
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice. Mix gently.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently to mix the seasoning into the other ingredients.
- Serve on chicken, fish, meat, chips, cheese, or tortillas.
This fresh salsa is made with avocado which is always great because it lends a nutty, creamy flavor and soft texture. The photo shows how colorful and appealing the finished salsa is going to look. Who can resist some of this? Not only is it easy to make and really yummy, but it goes with absolutely anything, from chips if you want it as an appetizer, or a taco, fajita or cheesy casserole if you prefer to have it alongside your main dish. If you usually buy salsa from the store, try making your own, and you will be delighted with the result.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17659 Views)