Green Cherry Tomato Salsa
There are always a few tomatoes that just don’t ripen in time in the fall. Many people harvest these green tomatoes and either let them ripen on their own or use them for green tomato recipes. Once you taste this delicious green cherry tomato salsa, you will never have to wonder what to do with your green tomatoes ever again. Salsa is a terrific method of using up fresh produce in a tasty way.
Green cherry tomatoes make an excellent addition to salsa. They are firmer than ripe tomatoes, but they are similar to tomatillos in flavor. They create a very refreshing condiment that you can serve with chips, main dishes or use as a salad. The peppers add some heat to the recipe; if you prefer it mild, make the necessary adjustments.
Since green tomatoes are only available at certain times of the year, you may want to consider canning cherry tomato salsa. This allows you to preserve your salsa at its best so you can enjoy it the rest of the year. Canning is not difficult; you can find lots of information about canning and food preservation at your local extension service or online. Since tomatoes are acidic, you do not need a pressure canner. Follow the canning recipes and make sure your jars are sterilized and that they seal properly when you do your canning. Store them in a dark, cool cupboard for the best results. Whenever you want that taste of summer, just open up a jar and enjoy.
Comprising jalapeño, lime, green onion, sweet onion, and of course the cherry tomatoes, this makes a wonderful salsa. The avocado adds an amazing creamy flavor and smooth texture. We have plenty of salsa recipes here but this one stands out because of the green cherry tomatoes and the sweet onion, and together these contrast very nicely.
All you need to do to make this is combine the ingredients and then you can serve it with whichever meat, poultry, fish, salad, or Mexican dish you desire. Learning how to make salsa is something young Mexicans do, with their mother or grandmother teaching them, and once you have discovered how to make this basic Mexican staple you will never forget the recipe because it is that simple.
- 24 green cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-½ Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ diced avocado
- Prep all ingredients. Mix the chopped tomatoes, avocado, jalapeño, green onions, and sweet onion in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice, or vinegar. Mix and season to taste.
- Chill before serving to allow flavors to mix.
Sweet onion, green cherry tomato and avocado salsa is a spectacular recipe, and it is so simple to prepare. All you have to do is chop and combine the ingredients and the salsa is ready. Let it sit for a while in the refrigerator for the best results, so the flavors can mingle and blend. This is a colorful salsa, just like most salsa recipes, and the fresh flavor it offers is amazing. Even if you are just serving this with a plain poached chicken breast or plain broiled fish filet, you will find it completes the meal, offering all the color, aroma and appeal you could wish for.
3 Responses to Green Cherry Tomato Salsa
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117384 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30369 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18950 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)