Mango Chipotle Salsa
Do you like the smoky flavor of chipotle peppers? If so, you will definitely want to make this mango chipotle salsa recipe. In case you are unfamiliar with this pepper, chipotle peppers are simply dried and smoked jalapeno peppers, which are often found packed in cans with adobo sauce.
The adobo keeps the peppers semi-hydrated and ready to use – as well as very hot and smoky. This mango chipotle recipe ups the ante on the smoky flavors of the chipotle peppers by adding roasted tomatoes to the mix.
Roasting the tomatoes, is in fact the secret weapon in this recipe; it’s easy to do and adds so much to the flavor of the salsa, you’ll wonder why you haven’t thought of it sooner. Bringing everything together in this mango chipotle salsa is the mango, perfectly offsetting the heat and smokiness of the chipotles and tomatoes. This salsa is especially good on tacos and other Mexican sandwiches, but if you love chipotle, you will love it on anything and everything.
Take a look at the ingredients list. You barely need any ingredients to make this exquisite salsa, just tomatoes, mango, chilies, onion, and lime. Ensure your tomatoes and mango are of optimum quality, since they will be visible in the finished salsa and the fresher and better they are the fresher and better the salsa is going to taste.
Once you have broiled the tomatoes you can mix them with the other ingredients and really start to see the salsa take shape. But it is not ready to serve yet, so be patient and allow it to sit overnight in the refrigerator, or for at least a few hours, and the flavors will harmonize and mellow out, offering something you will be so glad you put together. This might be a near-effortless recipe to prepare but the result is amazing.
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Set your oven to broil while you wash and quarter the tomatoes, placing cut side down on a tray and broiling for 4-5 minutes until the skins are slightly charred.
- Remove from the broiler and allow to cool for a few minutes before dicing.
- Peel and dice the mango and onion and mince the chipotles (you can add a tablespoon or so of the adobo sauce as well if you like).
- Mix all ingredients together, add lime juice and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate this spicy mango chipotle salsa a few hours or overnight – it does not keep for very long, but it is amazing the next day.
- Enjoy with, well, anything.
Smoky, spicy mango salsa is a condiment well worth making. Featuring the unmistakable Mexican flavors of lime, chipotle and tomatoes, this is lovely served alongside your favorite meal, unless you are whipping up a batch to serve as a snack with your favorite tortilla chips. Another idea can be found right here in this photo – you can see the pan-seared sea bass, mashed potatoes and spinach are garnished with the bright-colored salsa for a spectacular result. Keep the fish, potatoes and spinach very simple in terms of flavor and allow the wonderful taste of the salsa to be the focal point of the dish.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117388 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)