Mango Tomato Salsa with Avocado
Tomatoes and avocados go together wonderfully, as is evident with many guacamole recipes. Avocado and mangoes also go well together – and when you combine all three, you end up with a wonderful thing indeed, at least when you turn it all into a salsa.
This mango tomato salsa is similar to many you will find served along with fish and other seafood in the Caribbean. While you’ll find variations on this salsa which include no hot peppers at all and others which are extremely spicy thanks to habanero or Scotch Bonnet peppers, this recipe takes a middle path, using just enough jalapeno pepper to give this recipe a kick.
The creaminess of the avocado is the perfect thing to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes, mango and lime juice in this mango tomato salsa recipe. Along with cilantro and onion, this is a perfectly balanced salsa, which is great not only with seafood, but also with tortilla chips and nearly any Mexican or Caribbean dish – and of course, anything else you like to have with salsa!
The ingredients just need to be gathered, chopped and combined to make this dish. The fresher and better quality your ingredients the better the finished salsa will be. Because this one is fruity because of the mango, creamy because of the avocado, and typically Mexican because of all the other ingredients in there, you will find all kinds of ways to serve this.
It goes with fish, seafood, pork, beef, chicken, egg dishes, or even as a side dish for pretty much anything. There are various textures and flavors going on here, but they will all come together really nicely, and the flavor of this will be well-balanced. This is the kind of dish you will want to make again and again.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt, to taste
- If you were to look up “easy” in the dictionary, you might find this recipe listed there.
- Well, not really, but this is a very easy recipe to make.
- All you need to do is to peel and chop the mango and avocado and chop the tomato, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- Combine in a large bowl and add lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to combine before serving.
When you add mango and avocado to salsa you get something which not only offers a Mexican flavor but also boasts the juiciness of fruit plus the nutty creaminess of avocado. In other words, this is slightly more complex than the typical avocado recipe but the flavors come together and work perfectly, offering an exotic twist on the classic salsa recipe. The photo shows how colorful and appealing this dish is. Take inspiration from the picture and serve it with chips, or consider having this with fish, meat or poultry. You can chop the pieces large like in the picture or smaller if you want a finer texture.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119453 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63254 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45795 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23455 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)