Mango Yellow Pepper Salsa Recipe
Bell peppers are one of those things, which you either love or hate – but of course, most people love them, especially in the summer when ripe, fresh yellow and red bell peppers are available in the markets. Rich in vitamin C and other nutrients and having just enough savory and sweet notes in their flavor, these peppers are just begging to be added to a summer salsa.
This mango yellow pepper salsa recipe does just that, adding an extra layer of deliciousness through the presence of ripe, juicy mango. Together with the tartness of lime juice and the savory flavors of onion and cilantro along with just the right amount of heat from jalapeno pepper, this salsa really hits the spot.
Try this salsa recipe with fresh bell peppers from your garden (if you happen to grow them) for a truly delicious experience. Mango yellow pepper salsa is terrific with chips and seafood, but feel free to try it out with anything you feel like.
Making this fragrant, fresh-tasting salsa is really simple. In fact so many people are surprised when they discover just how easy it is to make their own salsa instead of settling for the kind they sell in the store. Making salsa is usually just a matter of chopping and mixing ingredients together, and many salsa recipes do not even require any cooking, unless you want to roast one of the ingredients to make it juicier and sweeter, but even that is usually optional in such dishes.
Most salsas do benefit from being allowed to sit in the refrigerator overnight though, or at least for a few hours, to really blend the ingredients and give it a smoother flavor. The following recipe makes no mention of that, because we wanted to present this salsa as simply as possible, but a great tip would be to leave it to sit for a while before serving, and you should do that in the refrigerator. Eating it right away offers a good result but eating it after it has sat for a while offers a great result!
- 1 yellow bell pepper and 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red or yellow onion, diced
- 1 -2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and black (or white) pepper, to taste
- It does not get much quicker or easier than this mango salsa; just chop all of your ingredients and combine them and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Black pepper works fine in this recipe, but if you want something really special, try making it with a touch of white pepper.
- The lighter and faintly fruity flavor of this variety of pepper adds a little something to this mango yellow pepper salsa, which is hard to describe, but easy to love – just like the salsa itself.
Yellow bell pepper salsa is sweetened further with mango, then made aromatic and delicious by adding onion, chilies, and cilantro to the mix, as well as a squeeze of fresh lime juice for a typical Mexican flair. In the picture you can see this salsa is served with Jamaican jerk chicken, a spicy Caribbean dish, as well as rice and peas. This is to give you an idea of how to serve this. Although if you were to serve it with something as spicy as jerk chicken you would probably want to make the salsa less spicy, you can adapt the result however you wish. This salsa is easy to make, colorful, and very tasty indeed.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)